Pond Water Fountain with Octane - Best way?

Forums: Pond Water Fountain with Octane - Best way?
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

Pond Water Fountain with Octane - Best way?

Postby 3dreamstudios » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:01 pm

3dreamstudios Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:01 pm
I'm needing to show a water feature (fountain) in a pond. You know the kind that just shoots up and out to help aerate the water. Nothing too fancy. I use to use an image sequence, I've used an OBJ sequence from Blender before too.

Was wondering if there is anything I could do with Octane that would be better. What direction should I look into, any thoughts or ideas of how to make something look great!? Thanks.
3dreamstudios
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Pond Water Fountain with Octane - Best way?

Postby FrankPooleFloating » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:20 pm

FrankPooleFloating Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:20 pm
If you do not own Hurleyworks UP, you would be surprised just how much you can accomplish with just animated displacements on specular mat, and possibly some particle droplets. I have done similar stuff this way, and if compositing, it looks pretty real when you have motion blur all of the place...

Here is UP link in case this one flew beneath your radar: http://hurleyworks.com/lightwave-plugins/
Win10Pro || GA-X99-SOC-Champion || i7 5820k w/ H60 || 32GB DDR4 || 3x EVGA RTX 2070 Super Hybrid || EVGA Supernova G2 1300W || Tt Core X9 || LightWave Plug (v4 for old gigs) || Blender E-Cycles
FrankPooleFloating
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Lightwave 3D