Licensing Question

Forums: Licensing Question
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

Licensing Question

Postby 3dreamstudios » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:40 pm

3dreamstudios Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:40 pm
Remind me why there are LW License packs? I thought you had to have combo license to use LW+Octane,especially with LWSN.exe rendering. When would you be able to just use LW plugin with Octane without stand alone?
3dreamstudios
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Licensing Question

Postby juanjgon » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:10 pm

juanjgon Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:10 pm
Hi,

The Octane plugins can't work without a Standalone license for each one, but you could already have the Standalone licenses purchased with other plugins, or for a render farm. In any case, usually, if you buy a LightWave licenses pack, you must also buy a Standalone licenses pack to work with them.

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby 3dreamstudios » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:13 pm

3dreamstudios Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:13 pm
juanjgon wrote:Hi,

The Octane plugins can't work without a Standalone license for each one, but you could already have the Standalone licenses purchased with other plugins, or for a render farm. In any case, usually, if you buy a LightWave licenses pack, you must also buy a Standalone licenses pack to work with them.

Thanks,
-Juanjo

So to clarify, if I want to render via LW network rendering (not octane) using LWSN.exe Screamernet with Octane I will always need a Combo LW+Octane Stand alone correct?
3dreamstudios
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:22 pm

juanjgon Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:22 pm
Yes, LWSN works using the LightWave plugin, so it needs a full combo license (plugin+standalone). Only if you render using the native Octane network rendering you can use a single Standalone license in the render nodes.

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Lightwave 3D