Volumetric Lights with Octane

Forums: Volumetric Lights with Octane
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

Re: Volumetric Lights with Octane

Postby promity » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:23 am

promity Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:23 am
Nothing happens.

Volume medium test.rar
(23.93 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
AMD Threadripper 1950X/64gb ram/RTX 3080 Ti + RTX 2070/Samsung SSD 870 EVO 500 gb/
Lightwave 3d
promity
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:29 am

juanjgon Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:29 am
LightwaveGuru wrote:"Light is Octane Light"

it work not with octane lights...use a poly with light emission...

Why do you say this? An Octane light is a poly with light emission, with the same features that you can see in any object with light emission ...

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby juanjgon » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:41 am

juanjgon Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:41 am
promity wrote:Nothing happens.

The attachment Volume medium test.rar is no longer available

This is your scene corrected to see something. You need to add a procedural texture at least to the absorption input to render a procedural volume ... in any case, what are you trying to do? Because if you want to render atmospheric effects, the volume objects are not the way to get them.

Thanks,
-Juanjo
Attachments
image-001776.jpg
Volume_test_02.rar
(5.73 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby promity » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:23 am

promity Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:23 am
Thank you, Juangon. It also seemed strange to me that this effect needs some kind of special illumination. Since in my opinion, the light of Octane is also based on primitives with illuminations of photons. That is, the difference between the source of illumination of the Octane and the polygon with the material of the emitter should not be - either at all or significant.
All the same in my opinion it would be much easier if the user could immediately see at least some result, simply connecting the Medium node. And then already could make any changes connecting additional nodes.
AMD Threadripper 1950X/64gb ram/RTX 3080 Ti + RTX 2070/Samsung SSD 870 EVO 500 gb/
Lightwave 3d
promity
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby LightwaveGuru » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:43 pm

LightwaveGuru Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:43 pm
juanjgon wrote:
LightwaveGuru wrote:"Light is Octane Light"

it work not with octane lights...use a poly with light emission...

Why do you say this? An Octane light is a poly with light emission, with the same features that you can see in any object with light emission ...

Thanks,
-Juanjo

hi juanjo,

i say "Volumetric Lights" work not with octane lights...thats a another case as your show...you show a volumetric object with a volumetric medium node...thats another case...so show us please a octane light he send out a "volumetric light beam" for example...i test it with Oliver from Origami Digital and we find only the solution he use a "real poly" and not a octane light source...thats was in the end the reason that i open that thread here :) p.s. all example scenes use a real poly for "volumetric lights"and not a octane light...or?

snip lwguru
http://www.neotek.laboratories.de or http://www.youtube.com/c/Lightwaveguru or http://www.facebook.com/safarifx 4x Titan X 12 GB watercooled / 6x 2080 ti air cooled / 2x 980 ti watercooled
LightwaveGuru
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:28 am

juanjgon Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:28 am
This is an Octane light in a scene configured with the environment medium and it seems to work fine. Believe me, the Octane lights are only mesh objects with emission materials, I can't figure why they are going to have other behavior.

Thanks,
-Juanjo
Attachments
image-001821.jpg
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Previous

Return to Lightwave 3D