Render Times much longer with long load/frame change times

Forums: Render Times much longer with long load/frame change times
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

Render Times much longer with long load/frame change times

Postby 3dreamstudios » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:45 pm

3dreamstudios Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:45 pm
I have a pretty big scene and my render times are about 2 mins in LW but that actual time it takes to go from one frame to the next is more like 5. So the actual render time that the GPU is working on the frame is good (for me) but the time the next frame is rendered is 3 times longer.

In Octane Settings I don't have any options selected under "Rendering Scene Update mode" As I don't have any materials that need updateing (sequence files) or anything like that.

I do have moving CARS so I do need the Update Scene, but you can't change that unless you go to FULL update...which is what it kind of feels like it's doing.

Any thoughts on how to speed this up any?
3dreamstudios
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Render Times much longer with long load/frame change times

Postby juanjgon » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:07 pm

juanjgon Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:07 pm
Hi,

But what happens if you render the scene in "update" mode? Usually, if your scene only has object transformations, the update mode should work fine using the default settings.

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: Render Times much longer with long load/frame change times

Postby 3dreamstudios » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:19 pm

3dreamstudios Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:19 pm
juanjgon wrote:Hi,

But what happens if you render the scene in "update" mode? Usually, if your scene only has object transformations, the update mode should work fine using the default settings.

Thanks,
-Juanjo

I think I found that I needed the Update Materials on because I have a water texture that moves. So I added the Octane Obj properties option to only update the object I need and that has helped quite a bit. Still testing...
3dreamstudios
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Lightwave 3D