Not all objects will dissolve

Forums: Not all objects will dissolve
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

Not all objects will dissolve

Postby ruuterdetuuter » Tue May 23, 2017 4:22 pm

ruuterdetuuter Tue May 23, 2017 4:22 pm
Hi all,

I'm working in a pretty complex scene, where I introduce multiple different objects by dissolving them in 1 by 1

Only, the first objects do dissolve out, but the new objects ignore their envelope and stay visible the entire time. It feels like a bug since all the dissolves have been done by Envelopes and it is pretty straight forward. I also cannot do this another way since I have to follow a script.

Any idea's? is there a limit on object dissolves? Changing the render kernels won't do any goods either...

Thanks in advance,
Ruud
ruuterdetuuter
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Not all objects will dissolve

Postby juanjgon » Tue May 23, 2017 9:14 pm

juanjgon Tue May 23, 2017 9:14 pm
The object dissolve is done using the materials opacity channel. To be honest, I don't know if there is a limit for the opacity ray deep, but the problem can be also related to having overlapped polygons among the objects, for example. Also be aware that if you are using instances, all the instances are going to share the same dissolve settings, including the instances added by the plugin if you have the "Instance LW clones" enabled.

If you want to send me a sample scene with this problem, I could take a look at it here.

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby ruuterdetuuter » Wed May 24, 2017 7:22 am

ruuterdetuuter Wed May 24, 2017 7:22 am
I've added a scene which shows what I mean.

On my system only the first ball dissolves in correctly, the rest follows the first ball in it's envelope while their own envelope is different.

According to your suggestion I have to create multiple objects with countless surfaces and dissolve every surface in. Octane can do Lightwave dissolves so it seems like a bug to me.

Thanks in advance
Ruud
Attachments
test bal.rar
(6.73 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
ruuterdetuuter
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby ruuterdetuuter » Wed May 24, 2017 7:44 am

ruuterdetuuter Wed May 24, 2017 7:44 am
A workaround is to create copy's of every object with all a unique name (or named layer). This way Octane obviousely sees them as seperate objects instead of clones... But it shouldn't be hard to fix this in Octane preventing unnessesary extra objects and complexity in the scenes.

Ruud
ruuterdetuuter
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Wed May 24, 2017 9:56 am

juanjgon Wed May 24, 2017 9:56 am
But the problem is that all of these objects are clones, so to have unique dissolve setting for each one you need to disable the "Instance LW Clones" options in the render target root node options panel, options tab.

If you instance the LW clones, all the instances are going to share the same dissolve settings. In your scene, if you disable the "Instance LW Clones" option, all works fine. You don't need to rename the objects or the surfaces.

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby ruuterdetuuter » Thu May 25, 2017 5:25 am

ruuterdetuuter Thu May 25, 2017 5:25 am
thanks!
ruuterdetuuter
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer