TFD Octane

Forums: TFD Octane
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

TFD Octane

Postby pryzm » Mon May 15, 2017 5:04 pm

pryzm Mon May 15, 2017 5:04 pm
Having some strange TFD/Octane issues...

As you can see in the images, the wireframe shows the smoke in the correct place. In the render it seems to have moved vertically (+y) (arrow points to the floor in the octane render) VPR renders it in the correct location as well (albeit with everything else dark). Reload, refresh, restart, kill, nothing seems to change it...I've started a new scene and things seem to render fine. Seems if it's a setting, got to be something simple. The smoke isn't occluded by the ship either (which it is correctly occluded in the wireframe).

LW 2015.3
Direct lighting Kernel
Octane 3.06 final
TFD 1419-1425 (happens with both)

Anyone else seen this issue?

Thanks,

bruce
Attachments
octane_TFD_v001.png
pryzm
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: TFD Octane

Postby juanjgon » Mon May 15, 2017 8:58 pm

juanjgon Mon May 15, 2017 8:58 pm
Hi,

Weird issue. Do you have cloned containers or something like that, that the plugin could understand as volume instances? Perhaps you should try to render the scene disabling the "Instance LW clones" option in the render target root node options panel.

Perhaps the problem can be also related to having some kind of complex hierarchy in the container node. In any case, if you want to send me a sample scene with this problem, I could test it here.

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby pryzm » Mon May 15, 2017 9:14 pm

pryzm Mon May 15, 2017 9:14 pm
hmmm...I don't have any cloned containers, and the instance flag is off. It's just a simple TFD setup, even in the nodes (although I'm sure I'm complicating it somewhere :D ). I can send you the scene to look at.

Thanks for looking at it for me, I appreciate it.

bruce
pryzm
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Tue May 16, 2017 3:18 pm

juanjgon Tue May 16, 2017 3:18 pm
Ok. I've found the problem. You have added the LWOctane Volumetrics Options plugin to the fluid emitter object "TFD_sphere_v001", not to the fluid container (that is "TFD_from_steam"). The plugin is getting the transformation for the volume from the fluid emitter, that is not the same used by the container, so the TFD volume is rendered in the wrong place.

Please, move the LWOctane Volumetrics options from the emitter object to the container object. The LWOctane Volumetrics plugin must be added always to the containers.

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby pryzm » Tue May 16, 2017 6:36 pm

pryzm Tue May 16, 2017 6:36 pm
OY! Looks like that was it, don't know why I did such a dumb mistake. It was driving me crazy, and I couldn't figure it out. Probably because I expected it to be correct, and it wasn't.

Thanks again juanjo, you deserve the medal of patience!

bruce
pryzm
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Lightwave 3D