Bug with the daylight environment?

Forums: Bug with the daylight environment?
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

Bug with the daylight environment?

Postby Alteris3D » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:46 pm

Alteris3D Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:46 pm
I'm working on a project where I need to simulate a sun orbiting the sky sort of like you'd experience if you were on the pole in summer. I change the environment daylight node to direction, and I can get the effect I want with the pitch at around 45 degrees and changing the heading angle. When I attach the constant/direction node to the input so I can change the heading angle over time, the sun jumps to 0 degrees and is directly over my scene. Changing the pitch value to any positive number (even .1) puts the sun below the horizon and the scene is black.

Setting the environment daylight node to Long'Lat'Time and changing the Longitude to 0 and the Latitude to 90 (north pole) and attaching a scalar node to hour kind of gives me the effect I want, but I can't control how night in the sky the sun is.

Is this a bug? Am I using the wrong constant node to try to keyframe this? I guess I'll try a direct light node and make an artificial "Sun".
Alteris3D
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Bug with the daylight environment?

Postby juanjgon » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:04 pm

juanjgon Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:04 pm
Hi,

The "Sun direction" input is designed to work linked to the Light Info "Direction" output. It has some logic inside to match the LightWave light orientation to the Octane sun direction, so if you need to keyframe the sun direction you should use an animated LightWave light to drive it.

Thanks,
-Juanjo
Attachments
image-001462.jpg
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Lightwave 3D