Panoramic camera Zdepth pass

Forums: Panoramic camera Zdepth pass
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

Panoramic camera Zdepth pass

Postby radiator » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:47 am

radiator Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:47 am
Hello,

I am working on a VR project that shows underwater life. I need to get out a Zdepth pass to have the scenery and aquatic life fade into underwater haze in the distance.

I am using a panoramic camera with spherical projection. FOV are 360 and 180. Render size is 3840*2160 with over-under stereoscopic output.

Problem is that the zdepth pass is not working. 2/3 image on the left and right edges are completely black and only in the center part of the image there is the zdepth info. I will add an image about this.

Am I doing something wrong or is the xdepth pass just not working with panoramic camera?

EDIT - I am using Octane 3 on one Titan X.

Thanks,
J

http://imgur.com/WO1F1Oy - screengrab of the problem.
radiator
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Panoramic camera Zdepth pass

Postby juanjgon » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:04 pm

juanjgon Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:04 pm
Hi,

I'm testing this feature here trying to use your same setup and it seems to work fine. What version of the plugin are you using? I think that you are not working with the latest 3.06 build.

In any case, if you want to send me a sample scene to reproduce your problem here, I could take a look at it.

Thanks,
-Juanjo
Attachments
image002551.jpg
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: Panoramic camera Zdepth pass

Postby radiator » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:49 am

radiator Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:49 am
Thanks for taking the time to test this juangon.

As you said, it turns out the machine I was rendering on was indeed running octane 2.2. What a silly mistake on my behalf. I will install Octane 3 and try this again : )

J.
radiator
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Lightwave 3D