Upgrade problems

Forums: Upgrade problems
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

Upgrade problems

Postby Builtdown » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:58 am

Builtdown Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:58 am
Hi,

I have asked from OTOY support but have got no answer:

I upgraded to ver3 yesterday.
In my Account page in Licences there is mentioned
OctaneRender Standalone (Octane V2 Username) Version 3 and a red "Unlock"-button
Newtek Lightwave (Octane V2 Username) Version 3 and a red "Unlock"-button

There is mentioned V2 and Version 3. Does this mean I have version 3 or just version 2?

I downloaded version 3 to my computer but the Username and password are invalid.
Should I press "Unlock"?
Builtdown
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Upgrade problems

Postby juanjgon » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:16 am

juanjgon Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:16 am
Hi,

Do you know that in Octane 3 the Octane 2 user/password is no longer used? To enable the Octane 3 license you must use your Otoy account user name and password (the same user and password used for example to access to you licenses page or this forum)

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Builtdown » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:03 am

Builtdown Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:03 am
Hi,
Thanks. I got it to work with new password.

But now I have a new problem. Let me first tell about my system:
I have an old computer that has LightWave + Octane2. I have also a new computer to which I just installed LightWave + upgraded Octane3.
I got the Octane 3 to work with new computer and was happy about it. Then I closed LW and started working with old computer and Octane2. No problem there.

Now I started working again with the new computer and LW+Octane3 but when I enable Octane it says "Your licence was deactivated. You may release a licence and retry."
The old computer is closed (as are LW+Octane2). At the OTOY Account page there is a "Unlock" button but it says that there is 4 unlocks left... I don´t know what this means.

Should Octane on the old machine be first "deactivated" before starting it on the new computer? I can´t find any info of how this is done?
I would think that if the old computer is not running at all, the Octane on the new computer would run normally?
I don´t get how the licences work...
Builtdown
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:43 am

juanjgon Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:43 am
I'm not sure what happens with the license while switching Octane 2 and Octane 3, but I remember that in Octane 2 you have an option in the Standalone and in the plugin options panel to deactivate the licenses, so I suppose that you must deactivate the license from the Octane 2 plugin (and perhaps also from the Standalone 2 to be sure that both licenses, plugin and standalone, are released) before use the same license with Octane 3.
https://docs.otoy.com/manuals/products/ ... ions/78-2/

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Builtdown » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:07 pm

Builtdown Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:07 pm
Thanks, I got it to work.

By the way, a completely different question:
I often render exterior visualitions that has a composited sky background.
Often I render quick test renders with F9 and may render only to ie. 20% of the render. I then pause and save the image to study it.
But what I have been wondering is why I can´t save the paused render in any format that would include also the composited background sky? Like JPEG?
Builtdown
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Builtdown » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:24 am

Builtdown Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:24 am
Juangon, did you have a comment to my latest post:
----------------------------
By the way, a completely different question:
I often render exterior visualitions that has a composited sky background.
Often I render quick test renders with F9 and may render only to ie. 20% of the render. I then pause and save the image to study it.
But what I have been wondering is why I can´t save the paused render in any format that would include also the composited background sky? Like JPEG?
----------------------------

- Built
Builtdown
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:01 am

juanjgon Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:01 am
Sorry, this is currently a plugin limitation.

The background compositing is done on the plugin side using the alpha channel information because the compositing is not a native Octane feature. The problem is that the plugin is using the native Octane saving functions to store the images that are being rendered. These functions are going to save the Octane image, including the alpha channel, but without the composed image, that is not available in the Octane side.

I'll check if could be possible to add an additional save function to the preview window to store the full image including the plugin side compositing.

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Lightwave 3D