OctaneRender™ 3.0 for LightWave™ - Test build 3.06.0.0

Forums: OctaneRender™ 3.0 for LightWave™ - Test build 3.06.0.0
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

OctaneRender™ 3.0 for LightWave™ - Test build 3.06.0.0

Postby juanjgon » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:28 am

juanjgon Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:28 am
Hi! This is a test build of the OctaneRender™ 3.0 for LightWave™ plugin version 3.06.0, available for Lightwave 10.1, 11.6 and 2015.3 Windows x64 and OSX.

Release 3.06.0.0
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... _Win64.zip
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... ve_OSX.zip

Standalone version for the network rendering nodes
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... t3_win.exe
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... _macos.dmg

New features
New Octane 3.06 features: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=60014
A list of all the new features is provided here: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=51679
The plugin manual is being updated to cover most of the changes. https://docs.otoy.com/manuals/products/lightwave-3d/v3/

=============================================
RELEASE 3.06.0.0
=============================================

* NEW PLUGIN FEATURES:

- Material conversion: The pluigin links the "Diffuse" texture if the "Color" texture is not available.
- Support of motion blur from three volocity grids in the OpenVDB volume rendering.
- Windows TFD libs updated to the 1419 build.
- New sphere shape in the Octane light source.

* PLUGIN BUGS FIXED:
- Material conversion: Some parameters in the glossy and specular nodes are converted as red colors yet. Fixed.

* NEW OCTANE FEATURES:
- Adaptive sampling options in the Direct Lighting and Path Tracing kernels.
- Added new render beauty pass "Noise" to inspect the current noise level.
- Added more options to control the shape of the bokeh, namely "bokeh side count", "bokeh rotation" and "bokeh roundedness".
- Added all depth of field parameters of the thin-lens camera to the panoramic camera.
- Added options "Filter type" and "Filter radius" to filter displacement maps.
- Added add texture and subtract texture to add or subtract two textures.
- Added comparison texture - to compare two textures and depending on the result pick one of two other textures.
- Added triplanar mapping texture.
- Added full texture evaluation for normal textures. The way it's currently done is to hack it into the spectral texture code, but brings some limitations in what you can do. At least mix and gradient texture nodes are now supported this way.
- Switched completely to CUDA 8.
- Added option to the net render settings dialog to "steal" a slave from another master, by stopping the slave for the other master and restarting it for the current net render master.
- Added the ability to scan multiple sub-nets for daemons.
- The clamp texture clamps now each color channel separately instead of all together.
- Improved color noise for low samples per pixel.
- Improved the amount of data needed to store render pass information in the sample data. This should reduce the memory usage a bit if parallel samples has a higher value.
- Added support for GP100 GPUs (compute capability 6.0).
- Reduced the amount of data we store in the sample states, which saves about 100MB GPU memory for a parallel samples value of 16.
- Added triplanar projection mode to the Projection node to allow the triplanar texture map calculate the UVW coordinates for an input textures, which simplifies setting up triplanar texture mapping.

* OCTANE BUGS FIXED:
- Fixed the ridged multi-fractal procedural noise texture.
- Fixed incorrect shadow calculation of overlapping volumes.
- Improved mixing of overlapping volumes.
- Fixed CUDA device failure with small film render regions in conjunction with deep pixel rendering.
- Fixed rendering of sphere primitives if only one radius is given in the mesh node data.
- Fixed incorrect sphere count statistics in scenes with instances.
- Fixed hang when Octane received empty or corrupt data from OctaneLive.
- Fixed integer overflow when regular grids are imported through the SDK.
- Fixed crash caused by a race condition between scene updates.
- Fixed kernel crash caused by resetting the render target while tone mapping was still in progress.
- Fixed render failure when texture pins of a gradient node are unconnected.
- Fixed crash bug in net render master that occurs when the interactive render region is changed.
- Fixed crash in net render master when a slave fails and interactive region rendering is enabled.
- Fixed crash in net render slave when the interactive render region is changed to a larger size than the largest film tile.
- Fixed the random colour texture to work in media, too.
- Fixed a CUDA failure that potentially could affect all scenes that contain scatter media.

Thanks,
-Juanjo
Last edited by juanjgon on Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: OctaneRender™ 3.0 for LightWave™ - Test build 3.06.0.0

Postby BorderLine » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:47 am

BorderLine Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:47 am
Wouff ! Impressive ! Thanks Juanjo, very good works ! And, and, .... sphere light ! Yeah ! Happy !
BorderLine
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby FrankPooleFloating » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:51 pm

FrankPooleFloating Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:51 pm
YES!! Thanx J!
Win10Pro || GA-X99-SOC-Champion || i7 5820k w/ H60 || 32GB DDR4 || 3x EVGA RTX 2070 Super Hybrid || EVGA Supernova G2 1300W || Tt Core X9 || LightWave Plug (v4 for old gigs) || Blender E-Cycles
FrankPooleFloating
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BorisGoreta » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:46 pm

BorisGoreta Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:46 pm
Thanks !

Would someone remind me how do we render sphere primitives ?

Changing adaptive sampling parameters does not restart IPR !

When I click on a displacement node I get a crash. This happens when I click on the displacement nodes created with a previous Octane version. Newly created displacement nodes work properly. But when I reload the scene the displacement node crashes LW again.
Last edited by BorisGoreta on Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
BorisGoreta
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby 3dworks » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:45 pm

3dworks Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:45 pm
great update, thanks!!!
Specs: Apple MacBook Pro M1 max 64GB 2TB, MacOS 12.5 / MacPro 5,1 with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8G, MacOS 10.13.6 / Mac Pro 5,1 with AMD RX5700 8G, MacOS 12.3.1 / HP Z600 with NVIDIA 3060 RTX 12G, Windows 10 pro + Netstor GPU box, 4 x NVIDIA GTX 980ti 6G.
3dworks
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Mastoy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:31 pm

Mastoy Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:31 pm
It seems that the gamma of the render passes have changed.
I render the beauty pass in 8bit tonemapped and with this update, the passes are much brighter than with 3.05. It's a problem for me because I use passes like the Ambient occlusion pass in post.
Is this a bug ?
Thx !
Mastoy
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:30 pm

juanjgon Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:30 pm
BorisGoreta wrote:When I click on a displacement node I get a crash. This happens when I click on the displacement nodes created with a previous Octane version. Newly created displacement nodes work properly. But when I reload the scene the displacement node crashes LW again.

Hi Boris,

Sorry, but I can't reproduce this problem here. Do you say that LW crash only selecting the displacement node, even without the IPR rendering?

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby juanjgon » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:32 pm

juanjgon Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:32 pm
Mastoy wrote:It seems that the gamma of the render passes have changed.
I render the beauty pass in 8bit tonemapped and with this update, the passes are much brighter than with 3.05. It's a problem for me because I use passes like the Ambient occlusion pass in post.
Is this a bug ?
Thx !

Sorry, I am not aware off changes in the passes gamma or tone mapping. Do you have this problem with all the passes (beauty, info, etc)?

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby BorisGoreta » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:36 pm

BorisGoreta Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:36 pm
Yes, I just select it and it crashes, but if I hide the parameters part of the node editor window on the right then id doesn't crash so it must be something with displaying the parameters of the displacement node.

juanjgon wrote:
BorisGoreta wrote:When I click on a displacement node I get a crash. This happens when I click on the displacement nodes created with a previous Octane version. Newly created displacement nodes work properly. But when I reload the scene the displacement node crashes LW again.

Hi Boris,

Sorry, but I can't reproduce this problem here. Do you say that LW crash only selecting the displacement node, even without the IPR rendering?

Thanks,
-Juanjo
BorisGoreta
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:48 pm

juanjgon Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:48 pm
BorisGoreta wrote:Yes, I just select it and it crashes, but if I hide the parameters part of the node editor window on the right then id doesn't crash so it must be something with displaying the parameters of the displacement node.

Hmm, weird. Here it works fine, and I can't see in the code something that could crash the node GUI. Are you sure that you have not mixed two version of the plugin or something like that? Perhaps you should re-install the plugin in your Layout. This version has some new nodes and perhaps there is a problem if it is not re-added.

Anyway, anybody else has this problem?

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Next

Return to Lightwave 3D