LWSN Rendering with Octane 3.xx

Forums: LWSN Rendering with Octane 3.xx
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

LWSN Rendering with Octane 3.xx

Postby vipvip » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:12 am

vipvip Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:12 am
Hi Everybody,

i 've just acquired the network rendering plugin SNIP3 done by Steve Hurley, which is very handy and easy to batch-render scenes with LWSN-3 (on a single machine in my case).

It works well but as far as i've tested, i can't render with Octane (a lws saved with octane as default renderer & octane enabled) : it renders with CPU only...

I've contacted Steve, he told me he didn't try with octane but he said it shouldn't be a problem : so, i was wondeing the problem is coming with the octane.cfg file, as the new octane-V3 registration/activation system has changed (new login/password system).

What is the good octane.cfg structure for octane-V3 and where shoud i save this file ?

Does anybody tried succesfully SNIP3 with octane ?

So if you have informations about this, it would be very appreciated because this plugin simplifies a lot the LWSN-3 process and is very well thought ,with the realtime 25/30p animation-visualization during rendering...

happy new year !
vipvip
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: LWSN Rendering with Octane 3.xx

Postby juanjgon » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:31 am

juanjgon Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:31 am
To configure the LWSN rendering you need to add a plain text config file with the name “octane_node.cfg” to the C:\ disk of each render node. This config file have some basic information about the Octane configuration. You have more details in the docs:

https://docs.otoy.com/manuals/products/ ... rendering/

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby vipvip » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:36 pm

vipvip Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:36 pm
OK, i'll try again later, directly with the command-line (before Snip3), but the cfg file looks like the one i've already installed on the C: partition.
Anyway, thanks a lot for your quick answer ! I'll tell you if it works, once the newest done.
vipvip
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby 3dreamstudios » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:05 pm

3dreamstudios Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:05 pm
I'm not familiar with Snip but we use Butterfly Net Render and it renders LWSN.exe we render tons of Octane scenes all the time over the network. We only use one machine, wish render licenses were not so $$ :x But I digress...lol.

Short, LWSN.exe and Octane can work together just fine! Hopefully you can get Snip to work for you...
3dreamstudios
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Lightwave 3D