Lightwave 3D Plugin v0.4

Forums: Lightwave 3D Plugin v0.4
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

Re: Lightwave 3D Plugin v0.4

Postby funk » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:12 am

funk Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:12 am
And here is the same scene with v0.3. Note that the emitter never actually emits any light even though it looks bright white with smoothing enabled (this is because the polygons are flipped... fixed in v0.4)

So by the looks of it v0.3 with fast gets the smoothing almost correct (we could probably just disable smoothing on the big box anyway).

Right now the best solution is to use v0.3 but FLIP all your polygons (or at least the emitters) in modeler before you export.
Attachments
octane-lwexport0.3-smoothing-bug.jpg
Win10 Pro/ Ryzen 5950X / 128GB / RTX 4090 / MODO
"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live" - Jesus Christ
funk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby funk » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:12 am

funk Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:12 am
Here are a few other issue I've run into:

POI ITEM
Setting an item should set the focal depth by calculating the distance between "active camera" and "POI item". This should be sent to octane using --cam-focaldepth command line. Focal depth only works if I manually enter Focal Depth.

POINT OF INTEREST
I'm trying to figure out why we have the "Point Of Interest" numeric field? It doesnt appear to do anything and doesnt make sense to have since we have "POI item" and "Focal Depth" already.
Last edited by funk on Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live" - Jesus Christ
funk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby funk » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:48 am

funk Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:48 am
Suggestions for better integration with the Lightwave Camera:

I would like a way for most of the export fields to MATCH what I have already set up in my scene eg a button called "match existing scene values". This is important for rendering animations where lightwave animates depth of field (f-stop and focal distance)

Resolution
This should match the width and height set in the "Active Camera" selected

Active Camera
This should match the currently selected Lightwave Camera used for rendering (f9)

Lens Aperture Radius (cm)
Lightwave uses f-stop (Camera Properties > Depth Of Field > F-Stop) but octane uses aperture. They both control the depth of field. F-stop values are the inverse of aperture. Small f-stop value = large aperture value. I'm not sure of the exact formula but from my quick tests you can get a pretty close match by using (aperture = 1/f-stop), so:
f-stop 2.0 = aperture 0.5
f-stop 1.0 = aperture 1.0
f-stop 0.5 = aperture 2.0
etc

Focal Depth (m)
This should match Camera Properties > Depth Of Field > Focal Distance.

Motion Blur
This should be enabled if Camera Properties > Motion Effects > Motion Blur is set to anything but "none"

More to come as I test more... :)
funk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby oliv3d » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:50 pm

oliv3d Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:50 pm
Hello, i'm French

i have just download this plug for LW 9.6. i'm working on Win 7 64bits.
Why the Camera cannot work in bank ?

Thanks a lot for this plug !

Oliv
oliv3d
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Lightwave 3D