Bypass Octane renderer?

Forums: Bypass Octane renderer?
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

Bypass Octane renderer?

Postby 3Dimensional » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:40 am

3Dimensional Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:40 am
I was wondering how to bypass the Octane renderer for when I have to render things in the same scene that are not supported by Octane, for example Hypervoxels. The only thing I found in the manual about this is the material input that says Lightwave material. It says: "While rendering with Lightwave native renderer, this material is going to be used and Octane one is ignored."

But it doesn't say how to use the LW native renderer and I can't find it anywhere in the manual. I tried unchecking the two Octane plugins in the master plugins, but it still uses it when pressing F9.

How do I get the native LW renderer?

Thanks
3Dimensional
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Bypass Octane renderer?

Postby UnCommonGrafx » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:53 am

UnCommonGrafx Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:53 am
On any Octane material you will see a pin for the LW material.
Plug a material into that and it will be as said: used when rendering with LW.
In the manual:
http://render.otoy.com/manuals/Lightwave3D/?page_id=137
i7-4770K, 32gb ram, windows 8.1, GTX Titan and gt 620 for display
UnCommonGrafx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby 3Dimensional » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:28 am

3Dimensional Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:28 am
Thanks, but that's what I said in my post, that that page in the manual only shows how to use Lightwave materials, but not how to use the Lightwave renderer instead. I copied the text from that page in my post. My question was how to use the native LW renderer instead of the Octane one. After I posted here a user in the LW forum told me how, which I'm posting here in case another newbie like me is having the same problem, and that is to select the Lightwave Renderer at the bottom in the Render tab in Render Globals.
3Dimensional
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby 3Dimensional » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:42 am

3Dimensional Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:42 am
One thing I just discovered by accident. Someone from Otoy support responded to this question in an email, and told me that to switch between the LW renderer and the Octane one, you have to press the "Switch to LW" and "Switch to Octane" buttons at the bottom of the Octane menu.

Here's the thing, this has to be done always this way, with the two buttons, because if you do it directly from the Render tab at the bottom, your nodal setup for the Octane renderer gets completely erased. This happened to me twice, the first time I thought I had done something wrong or deleted by mistake, but the second time I realized it was when switching engines with the render tab.
3Dimensional
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby geo_n » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:23 am

geo_n Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:23 am
Welcome Sebasvideo. :D
geo_n
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:46 am

juanjgon Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:46 am
3Dimensional wrote:One thing I just discovered by accident. Someone from Otoy support responded to this question in an email, and told me that to switch between the LW renderer and the Octane one, you have to press the "Switch to LW" and "Switch to Octane" buttons at the bottom of the Octane menu.

Here's the thing, this has to be done always this way, with the two buttons, because if you do it directly from the Render tab at the bottom, your nodal setup for the Octane renderer gets completely erased. This happened to me twice, the first time I thought I had done something wrong or deleted by mistake, but the second time I realized it was when switching engines with the render tab.

Yes, if you switch to Lightwave engine by hand you a are going to lose the render target settings. This is why I added the "switch" buttons.

You can also make a "backup" of your scene render target settings saving it to a file with the "Save" command. If you switch to Lightwave engine by hand you can enable Octane again and load this backup to have you Octane scene ready again.

-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby 3Dimensional » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:45 am

3Dimensional Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:45 am
juanjgon wrote:Yes, if you switch to Lightwave engine by hand you a are going to lose the render target settings. This is why I added the "switch" buttons.

You can also make a "backup" of your scene render target settings saving it to a file with the "Save" command. If you switch to Lightwave engine by hand you can enable Octane again and load this backup to have you Octane scene ready again.

-Juanjo

Thanks!
3Dimensional
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Lightwave 3D