IES beams

Forums: IES beams
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

Re: IES beams

Postby panphoto » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:21 pm

panphoto Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:21 pm
Hi Gordon,
Thanks for the files. I loaded up ignoring the request for the HDR image, and the render proceeded as per your image with the spectrum very clearly visible. Wonderful! However, I then loaded another HDR image, hit the reset and redraw buttons and .....nothing! The beam didn't build up and the spectrum was nowhere to be seen. Perplexed, I restarted, cleared the scene and reloaded from fresh default extractions from your files, changing nothing. Still no joy. The LW image cache file is empty, but are there perhaps other hidden caches that I should be looking at?
So, what worked first doesn't work now, aside from loading the HDR I didn't change anything. Bizarre! Sorry to be such a trouble Gordon! David
panphoto
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby gordonrobb » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:00 pm

gordonrobb Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:00 pm
NO worries, it wasn't really using the HDR for lighting anyway.

He'res a version without it.
Attachments
PrismLW.zip
(5.6 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
Windows 8 Pro | i7 3770 OC | 32 GB Ram | Single Titan (plus Black Edition on Order) | Octane Lightwave |
gordonrobb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby panphoto » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:00 pm

panphoto Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:00 pm
Success! Thanks Gordon. In the end I took the Parallelism down to 0 and the Caustic Blur up to 3%. The colours are rather unsaturated so I'll try tweaking them - not sure how yet. Anyway, thanks again for your patience and generosity, I've managed to learn a lot from this. David
Attachments
Prism test.jpg
panphoto
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Lightwave 3D