front mapping camera select

Forums: front mapping camera select
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

front mapping camera select

Postby BorisGoreta » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:55 pm

BorisGoreta Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:55 pm
Is it possible to select a camera for front mapping in UV mapping node for the future plugin versions ?
BorisGoreta
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: front mapping camera select

Postby juanjgon » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:12 pm

juanjgon Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:12 pm
As you know currently Octane doesn't support native front projection mapping. Lightwave plugin support it using a custom UV projection mapping that only works with object with small polygons.

I need to know how Octane is going to manage the native projection mapping before say something about this feature.

-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby BorisGoreta » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:31 pm

BorisGoreta Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:31 pm
But I'm not asking for anything that isn't already there, currently front mapping mode in your node takes the current render camera to compute UV coordinates. I'm just asking if this camera can be a different camera, so I can have a separate current render camera and a specific front mapping camera that your node should use to calculate UV coordinates.
BorisGoreta
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:48 pm

juanjgon Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:48 pm
Yes, with the current camera projection we have in the plugin could be possible. I will try to add it for the next release, but anyway at some point Octane is going to have a native support of front projection mapping at render time, without the problems we have now using UV mapping, for example with big polygons ... at this point is Octane who is going to need to support this feature.

-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Lightwave 3D