Background image slow

Forums: Background image slow
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

Background image slow

Postby BorisGoreta » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:19 am

BorisGoreta Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:19 am
I have found out that putting the background image slows down interaction of the scene considerably, like 10 times or more. If I instead put a polygon in the scene which covers entire background, put the same image on it as texture with front projecting mapping there is no slowdown at all.
BorisGoreta
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Background image slow

Postby juanjgon » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:26 am

juanjgon Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:26 am
BorisGoreta wrote:I have found out that putting the background image slows down interaction of the scene considerably, like 10 times or more. If I instead put a polygon in the scene which covers entire background, put the same image on it as texture with front projecting mapping there is no slowdown at all.

Yes Boris, I know this issue. Problem is that Octane API doesn't support image background at all as far I know. Plugins needs to mix the background themselves using a custom functions (in CPU) and this functions are a bit slow for real time performance.

Anyway I will try to make this function faster for the next release.

-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: Background image slow

Postby BorisGoreta » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:37 pm

BorisGoreta Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:37 pm
That's what I thought, thanks for your hard work. This feature needs to be implemented by the renderer eventually.
BorisGoreta
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Lightwave 3D