Arbitrary Keyframes

Forums: Arbitrary Keyframes
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

Arbitrary Keyframes

Postby electric_eric » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:26 pm

electric_eric Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:26 pm
Hi,

I did a render of a 200 frame animation and have a load of frames that contain an error where the glare/bloom ramps right up randomly. If i play my sequence through it looks like there are lots of cameras flashing/taking pictures of my objects.

I went back and when i rerender the frames as single frames the error has gone. Very strange.

I also did another f10 render to test and this time the flashes were on different frames than before.

I wondered however, if arbitrary keyframes are supported by octane as i cant seem to get it to work. I want to render a random selection of frames and octane simply ignores that and tries to render the full 200 frames.

Is this not supported or maybe planned for the future?

Intel i7 6700k - 64gb Ram - 6 x 980ti
electric_eric
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Arbitrary Keyframes

Postby juanjgon » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:54 pm

juanjgon Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:54 pm
Sorry, this is an issue with LW SDK that doesn't allow arbitrary frames rendering in the external render engines. Anyway perhaps I could add this feature using custom settings in the render target. I will add this feature to my list for the future, but currently it is not possible. You can render sequences using a frame range or an inverse frame range, and steps also work, but arbitrary or keyframe modes don't work.

-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby electric_eric » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:23 pm

electric_eric Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:23 pm
Hi,

Just to raise an old post...did arbirary keyframe rendering ever get added to the build?

Thanks.
Intel i7 6700k - 64gb Ram - 6 x 980ti
electric_eric
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:29 pm

juanjgon Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:29 pm
electric_eric wrote:Hi,

Just to raise an old post...did arbirary keyframe rendering ever get added to the build?

Thanks.

I will add this feature using a custom system along the 2.x cycle. The LW SDK doesn't support it, so I need to design a way inside the plugin to have this feature.

-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Lightwave 3D