Rendering stops in animation

Forums: Rendering stops in animation
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

Re: Rendering stops in animation

Postby juanjgon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:27 pm

juanjgon Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:27 pm
I will try to render your scene again here to see if it stop. Could be a problem of Octane core, but if scene usually finish rendering without problems it is hard to make tests to know where could be the problem.

Perhaps there is a problem with your hardware ... have you tried to render the scene only with one or two GPUs?

-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby karanis » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:18 pm

karanis Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:18 pm
Unfortunately (and happily), the problem is not related with GPUs.

I`ve disabled GPU3, rendered with rest, it failed.
I`ve only activated GPU3, disabled the rest, it failed the same.

One thing to note is that, it rendered the animation`s 80% part without an error but in next frame and then again in next 5th frame, error repeated.

Sending you 2 log files via im but everything seems normal there. (abort button was working and click is noted in the log file.It stops when the log file says " ... Init rendering ... " as the last line)

As a last chance (although It will be very very difficult as you can imagine) ,I`ll reformat the system or buy a new disk and retry on a vanilla system.

Thanks for your help.
Win7 64 & Slackware 14 64 | 3x Zotac 580 amp & 1x MSI 680 | i7 3930K @4.8 | 32 GB | Asus rampage extreme IV
karanis
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:52 pm

juanjgon Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:52 pm
This problem at this point is usually a Octane core freeze.

Are you rendering the scene in "full scene reload" mode? ... perhaps you can try to render the scene using the "update only transformations" mode (in fact this mode now not only update transformations, but also update deformations or even materials animated parameters if you enable the option)

This mode is less prone to freeze the Octane core while rendering animation sequences.

-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby karanis » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:07 am

karanis Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:07 am
Dear Juan, thanks for your great support.

After all of those testing on different combinations, it is obvious that problem was a system issue.
Neither Octane nor LW plugin was guilty. It was not a PEBKAC also but system issues and nVidia driver. Case closed.
Win7 64 & Slackware 14 64 | 3x Zotac 580 amp & 1x MSI 680 | i7 3930K @4.8 | 32 GB | Asus rampage extreme IV
karanis
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Lightwave 3D