OctaneRender™ for LightWave™ build 1.13.1 released

Forums: OctaneRender™ for LightWave™ build 1.13.1 released
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

OctaneRender™ for LightWave™ build 1.13.1 released

Postby juanjgon » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:23 pm

juanjgon Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:23 pm
Hello,

This is a new release of the OctaneRender™ for LightWave™ plugin, build 1.13.1 - released for Lightwave 10.x and 11.x Windows x32 and x64.

Download plugin links:
http://render.otoy.com/customerdownload ... .1_x32.zip
http://render.otoy.com/customerdownload ... .1_x64.zip

How to install the plugin:
- Download the install file, you can see that inside it there is the plugin, the octane.dll and octane.dat files and a custom LW menu bar file
- Copy the octane.dll and octane.dat files into you install Lightwave/bin directory
- Add the plugin from Lightwave Layout, select the plugin for your Lightwave version (10.x or 11.x)
- Install the custom menu bar to get access to the Octane features

How to update the plugin:
- It is like install the plugin again (copy the .dll and .dat and add the plugin and menu bar again), but you must be sure that there aren't any octane master plugins running in the Layout before try to add the plugin again. There is a live master plugin needed to start/stop the engine that must be closed to allow plugin reinstall.

*NEW FEATURES IN THE 1.13.1 RELEASE*
- New 1.13b Octane SDK core libs:
- Render priority options in main options panel. Each GPU has it's own switch to enable/disable the priority options, and there are two new popup menus to set the priority for enabled GPUs in the IPR and in the main render.
- New command to show the internal Octane scene node graph. Used only for debug.
- New command to show the internal Octane log window. Used only for debug.
- New Aperture Edge parameter inside the thinLensCamera node.
- New Sky colors and Sun size inside the dayLighting environment node.
- Glare and bloom from the sun retain correct brightness while rendering more samples per pixel.
- Loading lots of very small meshes is more efficient.
- Fixed crash when switching between render targets rendering the same amount of pixels with a different aspect ratio.
- Autofocus works after modifying the rendered geometry.
- Environment light sampling works when disabling alpha shadows.
- Using min_display_samples and subsampling with PMC works correctly.
- Material map nodes work correctly again.
- Fixed transparent patches on glossy materials with bump or normal mapping.
- Fixed subsurface scattering for diffuse materials.
- Updates applied while the renderer is paused are applied after resuming the renderer.

- Open IPR command enable the plugin if it is not enabled yet.
- New options in the plugin option panel to set the default IPR window size (default, scene camera settings or custom size).
- Cylindrical and Spherical mapping in the UVMAP node. This mapping uses the vertex normals to compute the UV map, so user doesn't need to have a texture center axis.
- Each node type has now it's own color (node types are emission, materials, medium, procedurals, render target, textures. tools and utilities)
- New dynamic geometry core that allows the IPR update objects with deformations (bones, dinamics, etc.) in real time without reload scene.
- New dynamic UV mapping code that allows real time update of the UVMAP node data in the IPR window
- New "Update UV map in the IPR" button inside the UVMAP node to reload the UVMAP object information while working with the IPR, useful for example after connect or disconnect the node to see the changes if IPR doesn't update them.
- New dynamic Octane Lights add and delete functions. Now add or remove Octane Lights do not force a reload of the scene while working with the IPR.
- Dynamic update of objects with deformations in main render without reload scene while rendering in "Only Update Transformations" mode.
- New deformations update code up to x10 times faster updating large objects.
- New UVMAP node update code is also up to x10 times faster in large objects.
- Material picker in the IPR window. To select the material under the cursor, use SHIFT+Click.

*BUGS FIXED IN THE 1.13.1 RELEASE*
- Rendered floating HDRI images are clipped between 0.0 and 1.0. Fixed, problem is that use tone mapping always clip the HDRI buffer. Now if camera imager settings are set to linear (gamma = 1.0 and response = Linear), plugin is going to read the full floating linear HDRI image.
- UVMAP node inputs don't work. Fixed.
- Lightwave native renderer show noise and artifacts when used in scenes who have Octane materials. There was a problem with multi threading in Octane materials nodes. Fixed.
- Change the display subpatch level while IPR is rendering crash Lightwave. Fixed. Added a warning message.
- Both pIck focus and pick surfaces doesn't work if "Half Res" switch is enabled. Fixed.

Enjoy it :)
-Juanjo
Attachments
1-13-1 copy.jpg
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: OctaneRender™ for LightWave™ build 1.13.1 released

Postby gordonrobb » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:46 pm

gordonrobb Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:46 pm
Excellent, thanks. You minx, telling us it would be next week :)

Downloading now.
Windows 8 Pro | i7 3770 OC | 32 GB Ram | Single Titan (plus Black Edition on Order) | Octane Lightwave |
gordonrobb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby FrankPooleFloating » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:34 pm

FrankPooleFloating Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:34 pm
Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!
Your timing is perfect too!...Have all weekend to play!.. Juanjo, you rock!
After you saying "maybe next week", this was quite the surprise!.. wow!

I am not too concerned, but I just can't seem to get render priority
to work. I have it set in the Plugin Options > GPUs > Use Priority and
also Plugin Options > Options - where I have tried all combos of Low,
Medium and High... all IPRs render around 88-91% (which was the case
in 1.10 also) and all F9 renders are maxing.. 99%.
Last edited by FrankPooleFloating on Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Win10Pro || GA-X99-SOC-Champion || i7 5820k w/ H60 || 32GB DDR4 || 3x EVGA RTX 2070 Super Hybrid || EVGA Supernova G2 1300W || Tt Core X9 || LightWave Plug (v4 for old gigs) || Blender E-Cycles
FrankPooleFloating
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby gordonrobb » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:12 pm

gordonrobb Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:12 pm
The shift+Click to select surface, and render priority are fantastic alone. Excellent work.

A question though. The low-med-high settings which way do they work? Cant quite tell. Also, if I'm not doing anythign with my UI, does it revert full power back to the card regardless?
Windows 8 Pro | i7 3770 OC | 32 GB Ram | Single Titan (plus Black Edition on Order) | Octane Lightwave |
gordonrobb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby UnCommonGrafx » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:45 pm

UnCommonGrafx Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:45 pm
Ok,
My statement not to go to 1.3... a moment of ... idiocy, at worst.

Nice, nice update!! The priority settings, alone, make for a reason to have gone to it. It makes using Octane a much zipper experience. Makes the Titan feel right. :)

Out to cut grass then back to play!

Thank you, Juanjo!
i7-4770K, 32gb ram, windows 8.1, GTX Titan and gt 620 for display
UnCommonGrafx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby COBRASoft » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:06 pm

COBRASoft Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:06 pm
Thanks Juan!

Just downloaded and a whole weekend to play with! Superb!
COBRASoft
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby gordonrobb » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:09 am

gordonrobb Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:09 am
Got a weird problem with a specular material.

Left window is the F9 render, Right is the IPR - both with the same settings. Its like this with every kernel.

**Eidt: Just noticed there's a difference with the Spec/roughness of the shutter doors too. You can see it on the far left of the left most shutter.
Attachments
ScreenClip.png
gordonrobb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:00 am

juanjgon Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:00 am
gordonrobb wrote:Got a weird problem with a specular material.

Left window is the F9 render, Right is the IPR - both with the same settings. Its like this with every kernel.

**Eidt: Just noticed there's a difference with the Spec/roughness of the shutter doors too. You can see it on the far left of the left most shutter.

I will try to reproduce this problem here, it is strange. If you have a simple scene that show the problem please send it to me.
What is the correct one?

-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby juanjgon » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:05 am

juanjgon Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:05 am
Two interior scenes rendered with last Octane for Lightwave release.
-Juanjo
Attachments
cocina.jpg
bano.jpg
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby gordonrobb » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:30 am

gordonrobb Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:30 am
juanjgon wrote:
gordonrobb wrote:Got a weird problem with a specular material.

I will try to reproduce this problem here, it is strange. If you have a simple scene that show the problem please send it to me.
What is the correct one?

-Juanjo

Not at home at the moment. The one on the right is as I would expect it as its a clear glass spec. But when I render it puts a mirror refelction of the area, but distorted. Have tried it with a simple box and it does the same. Also, I have a problem that I cant get the reflection to disapear completely, even with 'refection' at 0 or black. I'm not at home at the moment, but will post an object.
gordonrobb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Next

Return to Lightwave 3D