light pass ID

Forums: light pass ID
Foundry Modo (Developed by stenson, Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

light pass ID

Postby jwfvr » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:06 am

jwfvr Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:06 am
hi - connected to last posting - when switching between render passes, if I change the light pass ID on a light and then uncheck the same ID on a mesh (to recreate Modo's light linking) (maybe this is not the way to do it?) and then try to switch to a different render pass, it causes an instant crash every single time. I have tried a totally new config, reinstalled octane, lastest drivers, etc.. this scenario is 100 % consistent in causing an immediate crash. should I achieve the "light linking" effect a different way? the only way to avoid this (this happens when rendering or not) is to set the light pass ID back to 1 on the light and the mesh. any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
jwfvr
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: light pass ID

Postby face_off » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:01 am

face_off Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:01 am
Hi

It is pretty hard to assist you without knowing the release number of the plugin that you have installed.

And if you can provide a sample .lxo, together with a clear set of steps I need to take to re-produce the crash, I will take a look.

Thanks

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Foundry Modo