Export Animation to Standalone

Forums: Export Animation to Standalone
Foundry Modo (Developed by stenson, Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Re: Export Animation to Standalone

Postby face_off » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:20 am

face_off Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:20 am
So if you have only transformed meshes you can export them as alembic (only takes a few seconds instead of minutes or hours) and import without a problem in octane standalone. The only downside is that you have to make the material connections by hand. So i thought there might be a way for you to change (or let the user change) the way the alembic file is created. You repeatedly said this is not possible for you and i'm willing to believe you :) but it's hard to do so because it seems to be so easy to get this animation out of modo.
Sorry, the Octane API exports the nodegraph that is currently rendering to ORBX, so it handles everything. The only way to get around this is with the workflow I posted above.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: Export Animation to Standalone

Postby Hesekiel2517 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:44 pm

Hesekiel2517 Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:44 pm
Ok, thank you! Maybe this problem will be resolved when the Export is made through USD.

We are adding ability to load the USD files into octane. Later our goal is to make the USD format as default format for scene interchange-ability between a plugin and the standalone.
Hesekiel2517
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Foundry Modo