Image sequence in Octane / modo?

Forums: Image sequence in Octane / modo?
Foundry Modo (Developed by stenson, Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Image sequence in Octane / modo?

Postby marchermitte » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:51 pm

marchermitte Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:51 pm
Hello
I'm did this animation where a flat map of the world becomes a globe. There are dashed lines going from one country to another continent. The way I did It in Modo is, over the world texture, I have a static image of the dashed line in pgn, with transparency , only the dashed line are solids, linking the two countries, and an animated clip map, (a white line going from start to finish of the dashed lines) revealing the dashed lines.
Now, I tried (for rendering time reasons) to switch to Octane to render the animation (350 frames) but I can't find a way to use the clip map sequence into Octane. Of course the setup I have in modo shader tree is a bit too complicated for Octane to "read" It directly.
I thought of using two Octane materials and apply the clip in the mixer's opacity.

Thank you
Marc Hermitte
Intel I7 4.5 Ghz, 24 gig ram, 2x Nvidia GTX 480, win 764bits
marchermitte
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Image sequence in Octane / modo?

Postby marchermitte » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:07 pm

marchermitte Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:07 pm
Another question: I'm calculating the dashed line with Modo native render, to addd them to the Octane rendered sequence in post but the lens don't match. How can I "translate" Modo lens to match exactly what I get in Octane, or the other way around?
Marc Hermitte
Intel I7 4.5 Ghz, 24 gig ram, 2x Nvidia GTX 480, win 764bits
marchermitte
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Image sequence in Octane / modo?

Postby face_off » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:13 pm

face_off Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:13 pm
I'm did this animation where a flat map of the world becomes a globe. There are dashed lines going from one country to another continent. The way I did It in Modo is, over the world texture, I have a static image of the dashed line in pgn, with transparency , only the dashed line are solids, linking the two countries, and an animated clip map, (a white line going from start to finish of the dashed lines) revealing the dashed lines.
Now, I tried (for rendering time reasons) to switch to Octane to render the animation (350 frames) but I can't find a way to use the clip map sequence into Octane. Of course the setup I have in modo shader tree is a bit too complicated for Octane to "read" It directly.
I thought of using two Octane materials and apply the clip in the mixer's opacity.
Hi. Image Sequences are only supported for Modo Materials (not Octane Overrides) in the current release of the plugin. However in the next release, you can connect an Image Sequence clip "pattern" channel to the Filename pin of an Image node, so image sequences can then be rendered for Octane Overrides.

Another question: I'm calculating the dashed line with Modo native render, to addd them to the Octane rendered sequence in post but the lens don't match. How can I "translate" Modo lens to match exactly what I get in Octane, or the other way around?
Sorry - I am not exactly sure what you mean by this. Are you able to provide a screenshot showing the problem please?

Thanks

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Foundry Modo