OctaneRender 2018 for Modo [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender 2018 for Modo [OBSOLETE]
Foundry Modo (Developed by stenson, Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

OctaneRender 2018 for Modo [OBSOLETE]

Postby face_off » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:42 am

face_off Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:42 am
This is the recommended thread for downloading, and posting any questions, suggestions or support queries for OctaneRender 2018 for Modo - TEST and STABLE release.

Modo Version
Windows : Modo10, Modo11 and Modo12 on Window Vista, 7, 8 or 10 64bit
OSX : Modo10, Modo11 and Modo12 on Macintosh OS X 64bit El Capitan onwards
Linux : Modo10, Modo11 and Modo12 on 64bit Linux

To use this version, you need a GPU of compute model 3.0 or higher. Support for Fermi GPUs (like GTX 4xx and 5xx) has been dropped. Also make sure you use a driver of version 419.17 or higher and if you are working on Mac OS that have a CUDA driver installed that supports at least CUDA 9.1.

Network Rendering
For Network Rendering, you must use the Octane slave release from the Octane Standalone installer which matches the exact Octane version of the plugin you are using.

Support Issues
If you have a support issue, pls provide the following information:
- Modo version
- OctaneRender for Modo version (ie. 2.0.10.16)
- Operating System (ie. Win XP, Vista, 7, 8)
- Amount of RAM
- Graphics Card(s) - model (ie. GTX 580, 3GB)
- Nvidia driver version

Prior to reporting issues, please try Modo->System->Open User Folder->Shutdown Modo->then delete the MODO[version].CFG file and restart Modo.

The most important part of resolving a problem is me being able to re-produce that problem. So pls provide as much detail as possible in order for me to do this, and if the problem is specific to the scene, send me the scene.

For more information
- Read the on-line manual, including the FAQ, Troubleshooting Guide and Limitations sections
- Watch the video tutorials at https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=59793
- Watch the video tutorials at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRCItLUW7oheOp5vCGgkCCw
- Watch the amazing PixelFondue videos at https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=59793
- Post your question on this forum thread

Download Links

Current STABLE build (Octane 2018.1.2 & 2018.1.3)

Previous STABLE build (Octane 2018.1.2)

Release Notes

2018.1.3.145 (25-May-2019)
- Compiled with Octane 2018.1.3
- Fixed error where changing a color property from an item that was not a material (ie. the white balance) was not live updating the Octane viewport
- Fixed "Mesh not present in mesh item map when adding to mesh container" displaying when using the octane.saveAnimation command on a scene with a blank mesh used as an instance source
- Moving the Modo Camera via the OpenGL viewport now live-updates in the Octane Viewport

2018.1.2.144 (22-May-2019)
- Fixed performance issue there "Refreshing Materials" was taking too long when updating a Modo material
- Fixed bug where "Add Nodegraph" could not be enabled
- Fixed bug where Modo would crash if you deleted a group locator whilst rendering in Octane
- Slight improvement to the speed with which geometry is loaded into Octane when the "Refreshing Octane Geometry" dialog is shown

2018.1.1.143 (07-May-2019)
- Compiled with Octane 2018.1.1
- Implemented performance improvements when loading and updating scenes with large numbers of mesh items with Live Geometry Update on
- Changed the Preferences->Default Live Geometry Update from Off to On (given the above performance improvements)
- Changed the Preferences->Update on Mouse Button Release to Off
- Fixed crash when adding a camera or duplicating a camera when the Viewport was open
- Added "Viewport Refresh Interval" to the Preferences->Octane panel and set the default Viewport Refresh Interval to 30ms
- Re-arranged "Create Texture" menu items in the Schematic to match Octane Standalone

2018.1.0.142 (17-Mar-2019)
- Compiled with Octane 2018.1
- Multiple bug fixes relating to the live updating of Octane nodes when the Modo scene if changed
- Resolved crash when rendering VDBVoxels and VRay proxies
- Resolved performance issue when moving live geometry items in large scenes
- Added support for fast transforming of instance source meshes
- Improved Replicator live updating
- Filtered out Octane Log messages starting with "ORC" from popping open the Octane Log error message

2018.1.0.141 (5-Mar-2019)
- Compiled with Octane 2018.1 RC6
- Added the Cryptomatte render passes as per Octane 2018.1
- Added additional Octane 2018.1 Kernel pins
- Added support for Octane 2018.1 Vertex Attributes. Assign an RGB, RGBA or Weight map to a Modo Mesh, and then set Live Geometry Update ON for that mesh. Then create an Octane Override for the mesh material group and plug a Color Vertex Attribute or Greyscale Vertex Attribute into a texture pin. A Modo Shader Tree "Vertex Map Texture" can also be added to the Schematic and plug the vmap channel into the "Name" pin of the Octane Vertex Attribute node.
- Added the 2018.1 Vectron geometry item. To use this, click the Modo Mesh item "Add Mesh to Schematic" button. Then add a "New Geometry"->"Vectron" from the OctaneRender layout onto the Schematic and plugin the Vectron output into the Modo Mesh "Octane Geometry" channel. IMPORTANT: Live Geometry Update must be enabled on the Mesh item to render the Vectron
- Overhaul of the capturing of Modo changes and reflecting them in the Octane Viewport. More changes should now be detected, and slight performance gain
- Fixed issue where Meshes were not rendering if Render was ON for the Mesh but the visibility was OFF
- Modo Mesh Octane ORBX Proxies can now be used as instance and replicator sources. IMPORTANT: Live Geometry Update must now be enabled on the Mesh item to select and render an ORBX proxy. If a Modo Mesh item has both a proxy assigned and a Vectron connect, the Vectron is loaded
- The Octane 2018.1 Volumetrix Spotlight has not yet been implemented

Paul
Last edited by face_off on Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:13 am, edited 7 times in total.
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: OctaneRender 2018 for Modo [TEST and STABLE]

Postby funk » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:16 am

funk Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:16 am
Thanks Paul
Win10 Pro/ Ryzen 5950X / 128GB / RTX 4090 / MODO
"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live" - Jesus Christ
funk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Fredrikvictorhugo » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:45 pm

Fredrikvictorhugo Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:45 pm
Having issues with the license.
Started a OctaneRender® Studio for MODO Subscription but I can`t use OctaneRender for Modo 2018.1.0.142.

Getting confused.

Guess I should use OctaneRender® Enterprise All-Access Annual Extension?
Fredrikvictorhugo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:00 pm

face_off Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:00 pm
Fredrikvictorhugo wrote:Having issues with the license.
Started a OctaneRender® Studio for MODO Subscription but I can`t use OctaneRender for Modo 2018.1.0.142.

Getting confused.

Guess I should use OctaneRender® Enterprise All-Access Annual Extension?
What error are you getting? If you go to the Octane Log window, what version of Octane is displayed?

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby lightvu » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:17 pm

lightvu Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:17 pm
Hi Paul I have a Modo subscription but can not use this test build either.
What do I have to do to use 2018 Octane?

edit:
My log says OctaneRender Studio 2018.1 (5000010)

And the error is "A subscription is available, however it does not have a valid All-Access subscription" Does this mean I need to change my plan?
lightvu
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:49 pm

face_off Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:49 pm
And the error is "A subscription is available, however it does not have a valid All-Access subscription" Does this mean I need to change my plan?
I'm not sure - sorry. Perhaps try the Enterprise build, or submit a ticket to OTOY via the Support menu above.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Fredrikvictorhugo » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:18 pm

Fredrikvictorhugo Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:18 pm
I found that I bought the wrong subscription (OctaneRender® Studio for MODO® (monthly)
So I got the (OctaneRender® Enterprise All-Access Annual Extension) And then it worked :)
Fredrikvictorhugo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby lightvu » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:39 pm

lightvu Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:39 pm
(This thread is not referenced anywhere in the main Discussion/Support>Modo page, so some people may not even know a new version will be available)

I still can't use this version. I submitted a ticket and got an email saying I didn't need to change my subscription type, but it still throws the same error as yesterday.

Any feedback Paul?
lightvu
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:34 am

face_off Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:34 am
lightvu wrote:(This thread is not referenced anywhere in the main Discussion/Support>Modo page, so some people may not even know a new version will be available)

I still can't use this version. I submitted a ticket and got an email saying I didn't need to change my subscription type, but it still throws the same error as yesterday.

Any feedback Paul?
What version of the plugin have you installed please?

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby lightvu » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:06 pm

lightvu Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:06 pm
I've tried both versions on the top of this page.
lightvu
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Next

Return to Foundry Modo