OctaneRender 4 for Modo [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender 4 for Modo [OBSOLETE]
Foundry Modo (Developed by stenson, Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Re: OctaneRender 4 for Modo [TEST and STABLE]

Postby MrFurious » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:29 pm

MrFurious Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:29 pm
Hey Paul any news on these. I uploaded the scene you requested.
Dino Inglese
CG Artist
Melbourne Australia

Intel Core i7-4820K, 3x GTX 980ti
Windows 7 64bit, Modo 12.2v2 for PC
Octane build 4.04.0.145
MrFurious
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:59 pm

face_off Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:59 pm
Hey Paul any news on these. I uploaded the scene you requested.
Sorry Dino - I have been sidetracked with new release stuff. I will try to get to this by the end of the week.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:06 am

face_off Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:06 am
MrFurious wrote:
face_off wrote:
Custom LUT --> Strength is forcing an IPR update when Camera Motion Blur is ticked
Dino - I could not reproduce this issue. Can you please send me a simple scene which demonstrates it?

Paul

Thanks Paul really appreciate this.

Attached is my scene. I was troubleshooting this scene myself found something which might make your job a bit easier. In the node graph, there's a workspace called 'Focus & Clipping Distance' where I have;

- Octanes Focal Depth driving Modos' Focus Distance
- Modo Cameras' Target Distance driving the same cameras' Clipping Distance

camera node.jpg

If you disconnect all these pins, you can then change the Custom LUT Strength without Octane IPR reloading.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Dino.

Custom LUT Strength.zip
Thanks for providing the scene Dino. Unfortunately the nature of the code the iterates through all the nodes in the Schematic means that channels from the Camera node plugged into other channels on the Camera node will result in a render restart when you change an Imager node setting. In the specific case you provided - can't you simply disconnect the Modo Focus Distance from the Octane Focal Depth, and just tick the "Use Modo Focus Distance" property?

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:22 pm

face_off Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:22 pm
MrFurious wrote:I found the issue with Light ID's not animating correctly. Object motion blur is interfering with animating Light Id's.

Open my attached scene file and render out the animation. The coloured lights activate in order from left to right. Once the render has stopped tick 'object motion blur' in the octane kernel-->animation tab. Render out again and notice the lights aren't turning on.

Octane light ID.zip
This is fixed in the next release.

Thanks

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:14 am

face_off Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:14 am
Clipping Distance
Similar to Film Offset / Motion Blur issue, 'Clipping Distance' behaves the same. Scrubbing this value updates fine in IPR, but add a couple keyframes and IPR doesn't update accordingly if motion blur is ticked.
This is fixed in the next release

Morph Influence
Strange behaviour with Morph Maps. IPR updates fine if you scrub the strength percentage slider under 'morph influence'. But if you add some keyframes in the timeline for morph percentages, IPR doesn't update. Scene reload is needed. Motion Blur ticked or unticked has no effect with this one.
Can you provide a sample scene demonstrating this issue please?

Thanks

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:08 am

face_off Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:08 am
IPR Size Increment
This is a minor one & not so much of a bug but more of an annoyance, hopefully an easy fix. IPR size percentage is inconsistent ie; size zoom increments of 100%, 200%, 400%.
-- with the rendered image at 100% size, if IPR window frame is smaller than the rendered image (you are able to middle click pan around the image), scroll zooming works correctly and will zoom in 200%, 400%.
-- with the rendered image at 100% size, if IPR window frame is larger than the rendered image (you can see the black border), scroll zooming works a little odd.. the next zoom step will fill the frame (as it should) but the next zoom step will be 2x the last, not 200%. for example: 100%, next zoom step (fill frame) 103.63%, next zoom step 207.25% (not 200%), next zoom step 414.50% (not 400). May seem trivial but odd percentages display jaggy line artificts I'd rather not be there. IMO it's much cleaner result when zoom steps are multiples of 100.
Done in the next release.

Thanks

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby MrFurious » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:18 pm

MrFurious Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:18 pm
Hi Paul, apologies for such a late reply- have been out of action for a while.

Many thanks for all the fixes you were able to implement. for those fixed in the next release will there be a version 4 of the next release?

Thanks
Dino.
Dino Inglese
CG Artist
Melbourne Australia

Octane build 4.04.0.145
MrFurious
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby MrFurious » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:34 pm

MrFurious Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:34 pm
Morph Influence
Strange behaviour with Morph Maps. IPR updates fine if you scrub the strength percentage slider under 'morph influence'. But if you add some keyframes in the timeline for morph percentages, IPR doesn't update. Scene reload is needed. Motion Blur ticked or unticked has no effect with this one.
Can you provide a sample scene demonstrating this issue please?

Thanks

Paul

Hi again Paul, please find attached my scene.

Octane Morph test.zip
(11.52 KiB) Downloaded 361 times

If you scrub through the timeline you can see the morph keys I've setup in the OpenGL viewport. But in Octane IPR the morph target doesn't update when scrubbing through the timeline. IPR needs to be reloaded to show it.

Odd thing though, if you render out an animation the morph works.

Cheers,
Dino.
Dino Inglese
CG Artist
Melbourne Australia

Octane build 4.04.0.145
MrFurious
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby MrFurious » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:56 pm

MrFurious Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:56 pm
face_off wrote: Thanks for providing the scene Dino. Unfortunately the nature of the code the iterates through all the nodes in the Schematic means that channels from the Camera node plugged into other channels on the Camera node will result in a render restart when you change an Imager node setting...

Are you sure about this? All imager node settings work fine except the one: Custom LUT Strength. Also this was working in an earlier release. I think it broke in 4.05.0.153

face_off wrote: Thanks for providing the scene Dino. Unfortunately the nature of the code the iterates through all the nodes in the Schematic means that channels from the Camera node plugged into other channels on the Camera node will result in a render restart when you change an Imager node setting. In the specific case you provided - can't you simply disconnect the Modo Focus Distance from the Octane Focal Depth, and just tick the "Use Modo Focus Distance" property?

This would render focus picking in IPR useless. The way I setup was to focus pick in octane IPR, and have Modos' camera match it.
Dino Inglese
CG Artist
Melbourne Australia

Octane build 4.04.0.145
MrFurious
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:45 am

face_off Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:45 am
If you scrub through the timeline you can see the morph keys I've setup in the OpenGL viewport. But in Octane IPR the morph target doesn't update when scrubbing through the timeline. IPR needs to be reloaded to show it.
The current 2019 and 2020 version of the plugin has a Property on the Mesh item called "Reload Mesh Each Frame", which if you tick, will reload the mesh when scrubbing the timeline. If will post an Octane 4 version of the plugin with this build for you.

Are you sure about this? All imager node settings work fine except the one: Custom LUT Strength. Also this was working in an earlier release. I think it broke in 4.05.0.153
Yes, I am certain - sorry. The "Change detection" code is being enhanced to pick up more and more things, but a byproduct of that is that sometimes it picks up a false-positive, which is what is happening in this case.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Foundry Modo