Modo Help

Forums: Modo Help
Foundry Modo (Developed by stenson, Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Modo Help

Postby lightvu » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:24 pm

lightvu Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:24 pm
Hi I just noticed this Forum has very little activity compared to other pages, personally I am migrating from LightWave to Modo next year.

I was hoping to get some feedback here though if anyone can help :mrgreen:

- Any drawbacks from switching to Modo from LW?
- Is Octane for Modo going to be just as good for Octane for every other package, especially when V4 is released?
- More importantly, if I only purchase one Modo subscription, but I have two machines with 4 GPU's, will I be able to use some type of Render-Node setup so I can use all my hardware during crunch time animations with Octane?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me :)

Cheers!
lightvu
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Modo Help

Postby face_off » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:32 am

face_off Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:32 am
I cannot really comment on the first 2 items, other than to say there is a very high level of integration of Octane into Modo - although there are a few things that have to be dealt with with some knowledge (such as vertex motion blur and fur rendering).

- More importantly, if I only purchase one Modo subscription, but I have two machines with 4 GPU's, will I be able to use some type of Render-Node setup so I can use all my hardware during crunch time animations with Octane?
When you exit Modo on one PC it releases the license to be used on the other. Or you can network render on the second PC (if you have a second Octane Standalone license).

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Foundry Modo