Clay Buttons in the Octane Toolbar

Forums: Clay Buttons in the Octane Toolbar
Foundry Modo (Developed by stenson, Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Clay Buttons in the Octane Toolbar

Postby MrFurious » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:38 am

MrFurious Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:38 am
I always wanted the Octane clay rendering buttons in the toolbar so I had a stab at doing this myself, it's working well as far as I can see:

clay.jpg

If anyone is interested let me know and I'll put together a little tutorial. Must be comfortable using the modo form editor.
Dino Inglese
CG Artist
Melbourne Australia

Intel Core i7-4820K, 3x GTX 980ti
Windows 7 64bit, Modo 12.2v2 for PC
Octane build 4.04.0.145
MrFurious
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Clay Buttons in the Octane Toolbar

Postby Greggers » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:45 pm

Greggers Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:45 pm
That would be so useful mate :-)
Greggers
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Clay Buttons in the Octane Toolbar

Postby MrFurious » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:34 am

MrFurious Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:34 am
I used this video as a basis for how to do this, but changed things a little. If you're not sure of anything refer to this great little tutorial video or post here I'll do my best:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuW_Irtu2fY

Here are all the files you will need including the clay icons:
Octane Clay Buttons in Modo.zip
(8.06 KiB) Downloaded 163 times

1. Place all the attached files in your Luxology-->Scripts folder

2. Open form editor and create a new group if you don't already have one. I called it 'My Custom Buttons'

form editor_my custom buttons.png

3. Double click on 'new form' and name it 'Clay'. On the right pane, change Layout type to 'Toolbar (Horizontal)', Icon Mode to 'Icon Only' and the word 'Clay' in the Tooltip box. Should look like this:

form.jpg

4. Under the Clay form click (new control)-->Add Command. Enter "@OctaneClayOn.LXM". This is the full name (including suffix) of the script I supplied with @ in front of it.

5. On the right pane, enter 'Clay' in the label and Tooltip boxes, then under 'Custom Icon' load in the icon supplied in my zip file which should now be in your Luxology-->Scripts folder. Should look like this:

control.jpg

6. Highlight the Octane Toolbar form. Do this by clicking 'Find Form' button in the form editor (top left), then select the octane toolbar.

7. Drag and drop your Clay 'Control' (NOT THE FORM, the control with the small green line icon) to the end of the octane toolbar control list. I placed it after 'Show Setup Window'. Should look like this:

clay control.jpg

8. Go back up to the Clay form you created under 'My Custom Buttons', right click and save ot to your Luxology-->Configs folder. I called this Clay.CFG.

save form config.jpg

save config.jpg

You should now see the clay button on the right side of the octane toolbar.

clay toolbar.jpg

Repeat for the other 2 Clay buttons: Coloured Clay and Clay Off.

So what happens after a reinstall or plugin update? I'd assume the 3x clay controls would need to be moved back to the end of the octane toolbar controls list.
EDIT: After installing the current v4 plugin, these clay buttons are uneffected by the update.
Dino Inglese
CG Artist
Melbourne Australia

Intel Core i7-4820K, 3x GTX 980ti
Windows 7 64bit, Modo 12.2v2 for PC
Octane build 4.04.0.145
MrFurious
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Foundry Modo