How to render an animation in Standalone or ORC??

Forums: How to render an animation in Standalone or ORC??
Foundry Modo (Developed by stenson, Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

How to render an animation in Standalone or ORC??

Postby Greg » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:30 pm

Greg Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:30 pm
So, I'm **trying** to figure out a way to render my animated scene via ORC. If I export an orbx file it doesn't appear animation data is included. There's no frames available to render on ORC or in Octane standalone. If I export an OCS file it asks me for the geometry.abc. So I exported an alembic file called 'geometry.abc' and pointed Octane standalone to it when loading the OCS file. I got my frame range, but no materials and no animation....no visibility settings...nothing usable.

So..is all this stuff in the 'test' phase or something. Because I'd really like to render out my client's animation which is due on Mon. It doesn't appear this is possible. Also, what's with the $50 limit on ORC? You can't actually render more than $50 worth of animation (a handful of frames) per MONTH? Oh my god...I'm getting the horrible feeling that I'm going to be converting this entire scene to V-Ray today.

-Greg
CEO Sabertooth Productions
Co-Founder Pixel Fondue
Greg
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: How to render an animation in Standalone or ORC??

Postby face_off » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:07 am

face_off Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:07 am
Hi Greg - use the octane.saveAnimation command, which will save the scene animation to an ORBX file which can be animated in Octane Standalone or the ORC.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: How to render an animation in Standalone or ORC??

Postby Greg » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:06 am

Greg Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:06 am
Thanks Paul, I will give it a shot.
CEO Sabertooth Productions
Co-Founder Pixel Fondue
Greg
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Foundry Modo