Default 'Octane Camera' tab selection.

Forums: Default 'Octane Camera' tab selection.
Foundry Modo (Developed by stenson, Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Default 'Octane Camera' tab selection.

Postby MrFurious » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:37 am

MrFurious Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:37 am
One thing with the Octane for Modo plugin which I find really annoying, it's not a bug though.. more of a workflow issue.

When you tear off the 'Octane Camera' panel and it's now a floating pallete, the default tab is 'Camera'. Once anything else in the scene is selected the Octane Camera panel vanishes and appears again when any camera is selected. (no issue with this behavior so far) The issue I'm having is that when the Octane Camera panel pops up again it will always default to the 'Camera' tab... but once these options in the Camera Tab are set, they are rarely (if ever) changed throughout a project. Most often I'm changing the values in the 'Imager' tab, regularly while working on a scene. It would save a lot of time and many unnecessary clicking if this could always default to the 'Imager' tab.

I realise this is my personal workflow and might not be suitable for others, so If there are any other Octane for Modo users out there who think this is a bad (or good) idea please chime in.

Cheers,
Dino.
Dino Inglese
CG Artist
Melbourne Australia

Intel Core i7-4820K, 3x GTX 980ti
Windows 7 64bit, Modo 12.2v2 for PC
Octane build 4.04.0.145
MrFurious
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Default 'Octane Camera' tab selection.

Postby face_off » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:45 am

face_off Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:45 am
Hi Dino

This is probably more a question for Foundry's UI experts. I'm not even sure if it's possible to set the default tab to the Imager tab. You could check the Modo11.cfg file to see where the default Camera tab is stored, and then set that in a CFG which is loaded after the Octane plugin (using the approach at https://docs.otoy.com/ModoH/ModoPluginManual.htm#Modo/AddingaSeparateKitfor.htm).

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: Default 'Octane Camera' tab selection.

Postby MrFurious » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:37 am

MrFurious Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:37 am
Thanks Paul, playing around with Config files is a bit over my head but I think I'll take this to the Modo forums see what I can find there.

Many thanks,
Dino.
Dino Inglese
CG Artist
Melbourne Australia

Intel Core i7-4820K, 3x GTX 980ti
Windows 7 64bit, Modo 12.2v2 for PC
Octane build 4.04.0.145
MrFurious
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Foundry Modo