Modo Camera to OR Standalone

Forums: Modo Camera to OR Standalone
Foundry Modo (Developed by stenson, Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Modo Camera to OR Standalone

Postby CarlosTena » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:28 pm

CarlosTena Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:28 pm
Hi.

Can anyone please post the correct procedure to export the camera animation to the OR standalone ?

Right now I've exported the scene to ocs.
Octane opens everything without issues or noticeable diferences.... but without any animation.
However, I only need the camera to orbit the scene, so I export the camera animation to alembic.
Importing the abc, Octane opens the timeline, and I can attach the new camera node to the scene ... BUT, that new node has no options nor inputs to set de camera focus or anything else.
It renderes completely defocused with no option.

Also, the camera is targeted to a geometry and once in octane, it losses that target so the orbit is incorrect. I´ve tried to bake all the camera settings and keyframes... but no way. Still out of focus and out of target.

Oh and one last thing... the animation begins at an icorrect time, and I can't see any option in octane to adress it.

I´ve been digging this forums looking for answers, and the only thing I've found is about the problem with the starting time ... but no fix in the topic.

Can any one please help with this ?

Thanks in advance !
CarlosTena
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Modo Camera to OR Standalone

Postby face_off » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:12 pm

face_off Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:12 pm
If you tick Kernel->Animation->Camera Motion Blur - then the Modo camera path should be stored in the Octane Thin Lens camera node when you export to OCS/ORBX.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: Modo Camera to OR Standalone

Postby CarlosTena » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:10 am

CarlosTena Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:10 am
Thanks a lot !

It works fine !!
CarlosTena
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer