Modo Subsurface Scattering (SSS) Integration

Forums: Modo Subsurface Scattering (SSS) Integration
Foundry Modo (Developed by stenson, Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Modo Subsurface Scattering (SSS) Integration

Postby blockmind » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:55 am

blockmind Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:55 am
Hello,

I've searched through forums but didn't catch the answer. Does modo plugin have support of reading SSS properties from Modo material?

Most part of a modo material is readed without octane override. I think SSS is not readable at the moment (if I'm not horribly mistaken).

I have found older useful posts like hove to setup scatter material alon your modo parameters but it really takes time and add modo schematic load on complicated scenes.

Octane SSS is a bit of complicated too. You cannot use it on glossy material, need to make additional nodes and blend them with your actual material etc. There has to be an easier way to setup SSS (you know, ıt has only 4-5 parameters).

Maybe when modo sss value is greater than 0, octane scatter with diffuse material is created in background, take sss color as transmission color and mix it with current material by falloff multiplier. Maybe ıt will not be exacly as modo render shows but it will save time for us to create material manually on modo schematics.
blockmind
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Modo Subsurface Scattering (SSS) Integration

Postby face_off » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:19 pm

face_off Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:19 pm
Hi - no, the plugin is not converting the Modo subsurface scattering properties to an Octane Scatter node. If you can work out a consistent formula to convert the Modo subsurface values to Octane, I will happily implement them into the plugin.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: Modo Subsurface Scattering (SSS) Integration

Postby blockmind » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:29 am

blockmind Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:29 am
Great! Thanks Paul, I will try to catch a similarity if I can and then report to you.

Cem
blockmind
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Foundry Modo