Animation just stops switching frames

Forums: Animation just stops switching frames
Foundry Modo (Developed by stenson, Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Re: Animation just stops switching frames

Postby face_off » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:07 am

face_off Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:07 am
Sorry - a long time has passes since you send me the scene, and I deleted as per my policy to do so with all scene sent to me that may contain confidential information. Happy to take another look. It would also be worth trying the next release (available in the next week), as there have been some additional performance tweak made.

Also, have you tried the octane.saveAnimation command - and then rendering in Standalone?

EDIT: I just posted a pre-release of 3.6.1.117 in the plugin TEST and STABLE thread which is worth trying.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby LFedit » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:50 pm

LFedit Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:50 pm
Hey Paul,

Actually I got it!!! First I clicked Camera Motion Blur just to try it, still reloaded between frames, but once i clicked Object Motion Blur, it started working the way I was talking about!! Finally... I knew it had to be some sort of button because I could have sworn it use to say "Load All Frames Into Octane" then that button got X'ed.

Thanks for all your help!
Win 7 64bit/ Nvidia Maximus k5000 and k20
LFedit
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby LFedit » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:52 pm

LFedit Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:52 pm
Thought this fixed my problem. Now onto another project.... Same thing is happening, even with Object motion blur and camera motion blur selected. I can't export the animation with the command because it will take forever just to export. it renders pretty quickly, but the updating geometry in between each frame is taking forever... Any new ideas for this?
LFedit
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby LFedit » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:53 pm

LFedit Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:53 pm
Yeah i dont get it. If I delete everything but what I need to render and turn off live geo update and turn on object and camera motion blur it works. But if I take the main scene with all the other geo I have hidden (which was deleted when it worked) and try the exact same thing, it still refreshes inbetween frames.. Doesn't make sense...
LFedit
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:34 am

face_off Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:34 am
The next release of the plugin has a Kernel->Animation checkbox to turn off all geometry updating whilst rendering an animation - so I think this will resolve your issue. Next release will be available a day or so after the next Octane release.

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby LFedit » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:56 pm

LFedit Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:56 pm
Alright thanks. So I can still have objects animated right? Then it will load all of them transforms right away then not have to update inbetween?

Do we have any idea of when the release might be? Sounds like its doubtful to be within the next week or so?

Thanks!

EDIT: A little edit from this morning. I stumbled upon something but haven't been able to test if its the problem. I think its instances that are the problem for this. I think they automatically update (or try to) no matter what. Even if you have off default geo update in preferences and select everything and turn off automatic updates. Im at the beginning of like a 7 straight day stretch of rendering so I don't really have time to test it. But have a good hunch about it. Maybe you know anything about this?

EDIT #2: This was driving me crazy and I had to try it and I am about 99 percent sure this has been my problem, for I would say.... almost a year. I am almost certain its instances. If you have any instance (even if it is hidden) anywhere in the in the scene, the geo will refresh. Please correct me if I am wrong, as I only tried one test. But I tried a ton of test yesterday and couldn't narrow it down.

I am going to run another test now of actually leaving the Update geo ticked and see if it will still need to refresh or not. I will report back.

EDIT #3: I am now 99.9 percent sure instances are the problem now. I did another test. I turned on Live Geometry update on all the meshes, and in the preferences and it didn't refresh between frames. You still need to have Camera Motion Blur and Object Motion Blur checked though.
LFedit
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:50 am

face_off Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:50 am
I am now 99.9 percent sure instances are the problem now.
If you send me a simple test scene which demonstrates this, I will take a closer look to see if it can be fixed.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby LFedit » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:58 pm

LFedit Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:58 pm
I am still working on this. I couldn't get it to do what I want consistent enough to show you yet. It was definitely the problem though with my renders this last week. Luckily we still got the animation done. A lot of rendering and it worked well. If I come up with something I will be sure to update this thread. Thanks
LFedit
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby portnicki » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:14 pm

portnicki Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:14 pm
LFedit wrote:I am still working on this. I couldn't get it to do what I want consistent enough to show you yet. It was definitely the problem though with my renders this last week. Luckily we still got the animation done. A lot of rendering and it worked well. If I come up with something I will be sure to update this thread. Thanks

Hey LFedit, have you figured it out?
I also PM'ed you 'bout this :arrow:
i7 2600k + nVidia TITAN black
https://www.behance.net/Auror
portnicki
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Foundry Modo