OctaneRender 3 for Modo [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender 3 for Modo [OBSOLETE]
Foundry Modo (Developed by stenson, Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Re: OctaneRender 3 for Modo [TEST and STABLE]

Postby face_off » Fri May 19, 2017 10:32 pm

face_off Fri May 19, 2017 10:32 pm
Following is a pre-release of the next version of the plugin (for Windows).

3.6.1.120 pre-release
- Compiled with Octane 3.06.1
- Added official support for Modo11 and removed suppoert for Modo801
- Resolved issue where some Octane Proxy OCS/ORBX scene would not load correctly
- Fixed issue where parenting a mesh to an area, point or photometric light would stop the on-the-fly light conversion from working
- EXPERIMENTAL: Added preliminary support for Modo AlembicMesh items - which will be loaded into Octane as an Octane Scene node (meaning vertex motion blur support) is the Preferences->Use Modo Render Cache is disabled. It is assumed there is a single material for an AlembicMesh item
- Deleting an Octane Override not longer opens and immediately closes the Octane Setup window
- Added support for Modo11 and Modo801 no longer supported
- Added Sampling Rate, Light Pass ID and Cast Illumination to the Octane tab of Modo Area, Point and Photometry Lights to set the Octane Sampling Rate of the on-the-fly converted lights
- Resolved issue where rendering VDB files which have velocity data was crashing Modo
- Added W Coordinate node (for rendering strand hair)
- Fixed issue where octane.importLocalDb was not loading materials saved with octane.exportMaterial
- Re-wrote the VDB loader for Modo11 compatibility. In general, you are better off to load a VDB sequence into Octane Standalone and save as an ORBX and use that ORBX file as a proxy in Modo then to render the Modo Volume/VdbVoxel items

https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloads/plugins/fe/8b/1a/02/OctaneRender_for_Modo_3_6_1_120_64bit.exe

I have one more addition to make to the release and then I will do the final release.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Uhlhorn » Sat May 20, 2017 7:43 pm

Uhlhorn Sat May 20, 2017 7:43 pm
I have a problem with Modo on Mac OS X. Where can I download the correct version?

Screenshot 2017-05-20 21.38.29.png
Invalid version
Uhlhorn
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sun May 21, 2017 12:24 am

face_off Sun May 21, 2017 12:24 am
I have a problem with Modo on Mac OS X. Where can I download the correct version?
Looks like you are running the Octane 3.06.1 slave with the 3.06 plugin. I will be releasing the OSX version of the plugin for Octane 3.06.1 in the next day or so.

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Uhlhorn » Sun May 21, 2017 12:25 am

Uhlhorn Sun May 21, 2017 12:25 am
Thank You Paul! :-)
Uhlhorn
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby LFedit » Tue May 23, 2017 2:20 pm

LFedit Tue May 23, 2017 2:20 pm
Im having the same problem as Uhlhorn now that I updated. With windows though. Shouldn't it still be the standalone 3.06 Test 4 and the daemon that comes with it? Worked with the last version last week. Tried to update to get VDB working better.
Win 7 64bit/ Nvidia Maximus k5000 and k20
LFedit
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Tue May 23, 2017 9:16 pm

face_off Tue May 23, 2017 9:16 pm
Im having the same problem as Uhlhorn now that I updated. With windows though. Shouldn't it still be the standalone 3.06 Test 4 and the daemon that comes with it? Worked with the last version last week. Tried to update to get VDB working better.
The slave needs to be the exact same version as the plugin. So 3.6.5.118 is compiled with Octane 3.06, which would need Octane Standalone slave 3.06 (not the prior 3.06 TEST releases). I should have the full 3.06.1 installers done in the next 24hrs.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Visualize » Tue May 23, 2017 10:48 pm

Visualize Tue May 23, 2017 10:48 pm
Hey Paul,

Not sure why but my starting directional light does not light my scene nor does adding any other lights and rotating them around. Normally it works. This was with the most recent version.

I want to be able to use the directional light and change color of the light so it would be like a green sun. But if I use the Daylight Environment and try to change the color of the directional light, it doesn't work.

Guess I can use area light but not sure how this would work with atmosphere etc.
Visualize
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Wed May 24, 2017 3:38 am

face_off Wed May 24, 2017 3:38 am
Not sure why but my starting directional light does not light my scene nor does adding any other lights and rotating them around. Normally it works. This was with the most recent version.

I want to be able to use the directional light and change color of the light so it would be like a green sun. But if I use the Daylight Environment and try to change the color of the directional light, it doesn't work.
Directional light has never translated to an Octane light - except when you have the Daylight Environment selected and the directional light is set as the sun light in the Modo environment.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Visualize » Wed May 24, 2017 3:55 am

Visualize Wed May 24, 2017 3:55 am
face_off wrote:

Directional light has never translated to an Octane light - except when you have the Daylight Environment selected and the directional light is set as the sun light in the Modo environment.

Paul

Ah okay. Well I found an alternative using the medium nodes to "filter" the light to what I want it to be.

Thanks.
Visualize
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Wed May 24, 2017 12:37 pm

face_off Wed May 24, 2017 12:37 pm
I have updated this installers at the top of this thread with:

- Compiled with Octane 3.06.1
- Added official support for Modo11 and removed support for Modo801
- Resolved issue where some Octane Proxy OCS/ORBX scene would not load correctly
- Fixed issue where parenting a mesh to an area, point or photometric light would stop the on-the-fly light conversion from working
- EXPERIMENTAL: Added preliminary support for Modo AlembicMesh items - which will be loaded into Octane as an Octane Scene node (meaning vertex motion blur support) is the Preferences->Use Modo Render Cache is disabled. It is assumed there is a single material for an AlembicMesh item
- Deleting an Octane Override not longer opens and immediately closes the Octane Setup window
- Added support for Modo11 and Modo801 no longer supported
- Added Sampling Rate, Light Pass ID and Cast Illumination to the Octane tab of Modo Area, Point and Photometry Lights to set the Octane Sampling Rate of the on-the-fly converted lights
- Resolved issue where rendering VDB files which have velocity data was crashing Modo
- Added W Coordinate node (for rendering strand hair)
- Fixed issue where octane.importLocalDb was not loading materials saved with octane.exportMaterial
- Re-wrote the VDB loader for Modo11 compatibility. In general, you are better off to load a VDB sequence into Octane Standalone and save as an ORBX and use that ORBX file as a proxy in Modo then to render the Modo Volume/VdbVoxel items

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Foundry Modo