Octane Volume object and fog/haze

Forums: Octane Volume object and fog/haze
Foundry Modo (Developed by stenson, Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Re: Octane Volume object and fog/haze

Postby kasrafarahani » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:12 pm

kasrafarahani Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:12 pm
funk wrote:
Hesekiel2517 wrote:Hey there,

it took me a while to get volumetric Lights. Somewhere i read that you have to connect a scattering-node to the Environment-Medium and set a medium Radius. By doing so i could not get a noise free volume light. Turns out you have to use the volume medium which is not (as far as i know) available in Modo. You have to use a Nodegraph connect it to the Environment-Medium and set up the volume medium there. I hope that helps!

I connected an octane scattering node with the same values as your nodegraph and got the same result (as far as I can tell)

Hi Hesekiel, I just noticed the attached scene file which is super helpful. Thank you!
kasrafarahani
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby coilbook » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:45 pm

coilbook Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:45 pm
can otoy add normal volume light to their light mesh and lights without using mediums all these cheats like all normal renderers have
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby kasrafarahani » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:55 am

kasrafarahani Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:55 am
coilbook wrote:can otoy add normal volume light to their light mesh and lights without using mediums all these cheats like all normal renderers have

That would be the best thing. Odd that it's so technical currently. I still can't make it work, and have given up for now. Just doing it in post
kasrafarahani
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Foundry Modo