OctaneRender for Modo 3.03.3 [STABLE]

Forums: OctaneRender for Modo 3.03.3 [STABLE]
Foundry Modo (Developed by stenson, Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Re: OctaneRender for Modo (Windows) 2.11.1 [TEST]

Postby face_off » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:32 am

face_off Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:32 am
I have refreshed the installer at the top of this thread with:

- Fix issue with render statistics displaying the wrong render pass
- When rendering an animation, if "Load All Frames Into Octane" is ticked, ALL Meshes are treated as having "Live Geometry Update" ON (so the initial load time is fractionally longer, but then only the Octane Placement nodes need to be updated each frame)
- When rendering an animation, if "Load All Frames Into Octane" is ticked, Meshes, Mesh Instances and Replicator transforms are all loaded into the Octane timeline, so animate (however only Mesh item are rendered with object motion blur), and only the Mesh vertex positions from the first frame are loaded (so animated morphs will not render). This mode minimises the "Reload" time between frames, but does not render object motion blur for instances and replicators, and does not render morph animation
- Added "Reload Mesh Each Frame When Animating" property for Meshes. If ticked, the vertices of this Mesh item will be reloaded each frame when rendering an animation when "Load All Frames Into Octane" is ticked (however the resulting mesh will not render with object motion blur - since the transform is not changing).

Thanks

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby lightboy » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:12 pm

lightboy Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:12 pm
Fantastic, exactly what I needed for animated instances :D

Thanks Paul

oops I think I should of put Thanks Paul at the top cause my name is Keith
Windows 10 | 1950x threadripper |64gb Ram | EVGA GTX1080 ti x3 |
Modo 13 64bit
Lightwave 2018
Nvidia driver 419.67
Octane modo plugin version 4.04.0.145
Octane lightwave plugin version 4.04
lightboy
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby v1adut » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:45 pm

v1adut Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:45 pm
Hi Paul, have you received my message with modo command that I use in order to make a mesh with octane material? The command I use is "Save Assembly".

Cheers,
Vlad
v1adut
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:06 pm

face_off Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:06 pm
H Vlad - my response is earlier in this thread:

Hi Vlad - thanks for sending through the scene and additional info. Answering here in case others have the same question....

If you have a rigged character/figure, if you rightclick the Item and "Save Assembly", it will save the figure as an Assembly - but because each Octane Override for that figure is it's own Assembly, when you reload the saved Assembly, all the Octane Overrides will be in the one Assembly - and not work correctly.

Instead you need to save the figure as a Preset (although in the specific example you sent me, you need to merge the balls with the clown, or save the clown and balls as separate Presets).

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby v1adut » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:26 pm

v1adut Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:26 pm
face_off wrote:H Vlad - my response is earlier in this thread:

Hi Vlad - thanks for sending through the scene and additional info. Answering here in case others have the same question....

If you have a rigged character/figure, if you rightclick the Item and "Save Assembly", it will save the figure as an Assembly - but because each Octane Override for that figure is it's own Assembly, when you reload the saved Assembly, all the Octane Overrides will be in the one Assembly - and not work correctly.

Instead you need to save the figure as a Preset (although in the specific example you sent me, you need to merge the balls with the clown, or save the clown and balls as separate Presets).

Paul

Hi Paul, thank you for the reply, I will check the save as a preset assembly command today, and see whot it works out. Thanks for the "digging time".

Cheers,
Vlad
v1adut
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby v1adut » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:13 am

v1adut Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:13 am
face_off wrote:H Vlad - my response is earlier in this thread:

Paul

Hi Paul,

I found an issue with that technique you pointed.

It works, but here is the issue. When modo imports the .lxl ( loxology layer file) preset, it create a group mask in the shader tree and the material is not loaded by the octane render plugin, I saw that If iItake the material contained in that obj.lxl group oyt, octane recognizes the material back. Is there a way to fix this automatically?

Cheers,
Vlad
v1adut
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby yoshikai » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:35 am

yoshikai Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:35 am
Hi Paul
I can't use octane 2.0 for 801.
Only 801. 701 is works.
please help me.
701Image
yoshikai
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:29 am

face_off Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:29 am
I can't use octane 2.0 for 801.
Only 801. 701 is works.
please help me.
Hi - I suggest deleting Modo801.CFG. In the unlikely situation where that does not fix the problem, could you pls tell me all other plugins you have installed for Modo801.

Thanks

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby yoshikai » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:28 am

yoshikai Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:28 am
Hi paul.

Thank you for the quick response.

801 config.....

Yes. I already deleted 801 config file.
but nothing changes.

My all Plug in is....

and
I got this message when started MODO 801.
Do you know this mean?

BR
yoshikai
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:43 am

face_off Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:43 am
I found an issue with that technique you pointed.

It works, but here is the issue. When modo imports the .lxl ( loxology layer file) preset, it create a group mask in the shader tree and the material is not loaded by the octane render plugin, I saw that If iItake the material contained in that obj.lxl group oyt, octane recognizes the material back. Is there a way to fix this automatically?
Hi Vlad - sorry for the delay responding to this.

You are right. This is because Modo is loading the character with a Polygon tag type of Selection Set. Select the lxl in the Shader Tree, change the Item to Clown_Characater, set the Tag Type to Material and set the Polygon Tag to "(all)" and it fixes the issue. It would be great if Modo did not load lxl with a selection set - however I am not sure that can be changed.

Does rightclick Clown_Character->Export Selected Layers->Luxology Scene (untick all options) work better for you? When I Import the exported scene it is attaching all the materials correctly.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Foundry Modo