OctaneRender 2 for Modo [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender 2 for Modo [OBSOLETE]
Foundry Modo (Developed by stenson, Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Re: OctaneRender for Modo (Windows) 2.0 [TEST]

Postby face_off » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:11 pm

face_off Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:11 pm
Hi Paul, is Motion blur implemented in Octane 2.0 plug in?
Yes, pls see http://render.otoy.com/manuals/Modo/?page_id=977 (bottom of the page).

Is there a way to make octane plug in look into the project folder instead of the local drive folder, because if I change the location of the progject, all image links are broken, and I have to relink everything in order to make it work with octane. In modo if I do this, then I tell modo where is the missing file, and it does look for others in the same location.
As Riggles saying, if you type an absolute filename into the Image node Filename property, the link will be broken when you move the .lxo file. But if you drag the file item onto the Schematic, the filename will be picked up from the shader tree item, so the link should be repaired by Modo when the lxo. is loaded.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby connartist » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:11 am

connartist Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:11 am
I'm sure this is just me not being familiar enough with Modo's UI, but is there an easy way of just saving the default Octane windows? I accidentally replaced them and couldn't "revert" the layout and had to recreate them, which will be a simple thing next time it happens, just wondering.
connartist
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:44 am

face_off Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:44 am
I'm sure this is just me not being familiar enough with Modo's UI, but is there an easy way of just saving the default Octane windows? I accidentally replaced them and couldn't "revert" the layout and had to recreate them, which will be a simple thing next time it happens, just wondering.
As with all Modo windows - you need to delete your Modo701.cfg (or Modo801.cfg) to clear the window customization. If you do this, you will need to re-authenticate the plugin.

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:40 pm

face_off Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:40 pm
I figured out the problem. I had installed a trial version of the new Power Translators plugin. After deinstallation of the Power Translators Plugin the Octane for MODO plugin is running fine again...It seems the plugins are interfering...kind of. :cry:
Hi René. I have installed Power Translators, and everything is running fine with the Octane plugin. Can you give me some more info able the problem you are having pls? Does it happen on all scenes, or just those with PT geometry in them. If you render just a simple box in Octane does the problem occur for you?

Thanks

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:18 am

face_off Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:18 am
I have refreshed the installer at the top of this thread with:

- If the Modo Material "Blurry Reflection" is OFF, Octane glossy "Roughness" will be set to 0
- Resolved Modo801 issue where node names in the Schematic were being incorrectly named
- Resolved Modo801 issue where loading a clip from the Images tab was resulting in the image having a blank name
- When dragging an image onto the Schematic, if that image has a child Texture Locator in the Shader Tree, that Texture Locator will also be dragged onto the schematic

If you are using Modo801, I recommend installing the above build.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby funk » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:07 am

funk Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:07 am
Thanks for the update Paul.

I'm not sure if this was intentional, but this update seems to have fixed the slow loading BVH problem in 801.
Win10 Pro/ Ryzen 5950X / 128GB / RTX 4090 / MODO
"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live" - Jesus Christ
funk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby funk » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:27 am

funk Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:27 am
I made this feature request before, but I just wanted to put it here in the official v2 thread.

When I open the octane viewport in "preview" mode, I have to manually resize the window to match the modo camera aspect ratio by eye.

In the lightwave plugin, there is a button called "fixed aspect". When it's disabled, the window works the same way as the octane plugin. When it is enabled, it locks the aspect ratio of the window when it is resized, so it always matches the aspect ratio of the render. eg. As you resize the width, the height automatically resizes at the same time. Is it possible for you to do this in your plugin?

I dont necessarily think it needs to be a button like lightwave. You could just put it in the octane preferences (unless you think people may want to toggle it often?)
"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live" - Jesus Christ
funk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:01 am

face_off Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:01 am
I made this feature request before, but I just wanted to put it here in the official v2 thread.

When I open the octane viewport in "preview" mode, I have to manually resize the window to match the modo camera aspect ratio by eye.

In the lightwave plugin, there is a button called "fixed aspect". When it's disabled, the window works the same way as the octane plugin. When it is enabled, it locks the aspect ratio of the window when it is resized, so it always matches the aspect ratio of the render. eg. As you resize the width, the height automatically resizes at the same time. Is it possible for you to do this in your plugin?

I dont necessarily think it needs to be a button like lightwave. You could just put it in the octane preferences (unless you think people may want to toggle it often?)
It's on the list - but very challenging to implement on OS X - so I will look at it, but a few things are ahead of it at the moment.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby funk » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:23 am

funk Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:23 am
I'm just toying around with a custom layout and discovered:

* Octane triangle wave texture has no properties form
* Sine wave texture has 2 offsets instead of 1
funk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:06 am

face_off Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:06 am
* Octane triangle wave texture has no properties form
* Sine wave texture has 2 offsets instead of 1
Thanks for picking this up. It will be fixed in the next release.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Foundry Modo