OctaneRender for Modo (Windows) 1.55 [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender for Modo (Windows) 1.55 [OBSOLETE]
Foundry Modo (Developed by stenson, Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Re: OctaneRender for Modo Beta 1.54 [TEST]

Postby face_off » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:20 am

face_off Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:20 am
I have refreshed the installer at the top of this thread with:

- Compiled against Octane 1.54
- Minor fixes to the Live Geometry Update processing
- Fully implemented loading the Modo Mesh Cage - useful for rendering Reference meshes, and for Octane 2
- Added ability to save the ABC alembic animation into the ORBX file (refer to http://render.otoy.com/manuals/Modo/?page_id=998 for details)
- Fixed bug causing Camera > Reset to Default to not work
- Modo801 Reference meshes will now render if you enable Load Cage for the reference mesh
- Fixed a number of issues with Viewport Navigation. This mode can now only be enabled when "Load All Frames Into Octane" is unticked.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby lightboy » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:46 pm

lightboy Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:46 pm
Hi paul
The viewport navigation is really improved! Thanks
For the most part it does now work like in modo, however if you pan and rotate around your object alot you can get it at a weird angle then you can't get it back to be lined up easily to the horizontal and the pan can start to act like a dolly move instead of a pan. it's like an axis is getting gimble lock or something like that.
Anyway I'm really happy with the way it's coming along
Keith
Windows 10 | 1950x threadripper |64gb Ram | EVGA GTX1080 ti x3 |
Modo 13 64bit
Lightwave 2018
Nvidia driver 419.67
Octane modo plugin version 4.04.0.145
Octane lightwave plugin version 4.04
lightboy
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:24 pm

face_off Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:24 pm
For the most part it does now work like in modo, however if you pan and rotate around your object alot you can get it at a weird angle then you can't get it back to be lined up easily to the horizontal and the pan can start to act like a dolly move instead of a pan. it's like an axis is getting gimble lock or something like that.
Yes, I think you are right Keith - I think it's hitting a Gimble lock situation. It seems to happen more when you drag the mouse right to left. I will re-visit this again after I have some other issues addressed.

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby v1adut » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:57 am

v1adut Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:57 am
Hi Paul

I get this errors

CUDA error 2 on device 0: The API was unable to allocate enough memory to perform the requested operation.
-> Failed to allocated device memory
CUDA device 0: Failed to allocate film buffers
CUDA error 2 on device 0: The API was unable to allocate enough memory to perform the requested operation.

The GPU I use are GTX Titan Black, I used GTX 670 before with one 6 pin power and one 8 pin power.
Is it possible this error to be because the card is underpowered. The reason I ask, is because My power cable comes from one cable tat splits into 2 cables of 8 pins, or this is an octane plugin error.
v1adut
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:55 am

face_off Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:55 am
The GPU I use are GTX Titan Black, I used GTX 670 before with one 6 pin power and one 8 pin power.
Is it possible this error to be because the card is underpowered. The reason I ask, is because My power cable comes from one cable tat splits into 2 cables of 8 pins, or this is an octane plugin error.
Hardware issues are out of my field of expertise - sorry. If Octane Standalone working? Have you updated to the latest Nvidia drivers? Tried rebooting?

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby FooZe » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:02 am

FooZe Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:02 am
v1adut wrote:Hi Paul

I get this errors

Usually if your PSU is powerful enough on the 12V rail, it doesn't matter if all the power comes down one cable.

How big is the scene and render resolution?
Are you running out of VRAM?

Thanks
Chris.
FooZe
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby hdrmaps » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:42 pm

hdrmaps Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:42 pm
Hello Paul,
Where I can download 1.54.1.71 version of plugin ? I only found 1.54.0.71 at beginning of this topic and my animation stopped to work with it.
Is there any way to get old versions of plugins ? It would be nice to have some sort of list, to keep all versions in one place. Thanks
hdrmaps
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:39 am

face_off Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:39 am
Where I can download 1.54.1.71 version of plugin ? I only found 1.54.0.71 at beginning of this topic and my animation stopped to work with it.
1.54.1.71 was a typo - 1.54.0.71 is the latest version. What specific problem are you having with animation?

Is there any way to get old versions of plugins ? It would be nice to have some sort of list, to keep all versions in one place.
The old versions are all still on the Otoy server, so you can adjust the link at the top of this threads to download whichever release you need. Also, each release is named differently, so they should all be in your downloads folder. But in general, the latest should be the most robust.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby hdrmaps » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:55 am

hdrmaps Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:55 am
Thanks for reply on.

The problem with latest plugin was that I could easily animate my rig in previous version (used along with Octane 1.52), and after upgrade I can't see any changes in Octane preview window when I move in Modo's timeline neither when I try to render final animation frames.

Just upgraded Octane to 2.0 and got free upgrade for plugin - new tests are coming this evening...
hdrmaps
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:58 am

face_off Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:58 am
The problem with latest plugin was that I could easily animate my rig in previous version (used along with Octane 1.52), and after upgrade I can't see any changes in Octane preview window when I move in Modo's timeline neither when I try to render final animation frames.
Do you have Load All Frames Into Octane ticked or not? If ticked, then when you load the scene, the camera path should load into the Octane scene, so moving the Modo timeline slider will update the Octane time and the new camera pos to be rendered.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Foundry Modo