OctaneRender 2021 for Modo [TEST and STABLE]

Forums: OctaneRender 2021 for Modo [TEST and STABLE]
Foundry Modo (Developed by stenson, Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Re: OctaneRender 2021 for Modo [TEST and STABLE]

Postby evan.musin » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:21 pm

evan.musin Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:21 pm
karu wrote:
evan.musin wrote:Hi Paul,

Since installing Octane Render 2021.xx, I have noticed when saving out PNG files, it saves the PNGs with an embedded sRGB profile. Pre-2021.xx, it would save the PNGs with no profile at all. Is there a way to set a legacy save with no profile? Our production pipeline has taken a slight hit in consistency due to this. Thank you!

Hi Evan,

This change was made to ensure exported images display the same in other applications as they do in Octane - we had issues where users would open exported PNGs in Photoshop, where the working space was set to something different, and complain that the image looked wrong. There is currently no way to prevent the inclusion of an sRGB profile - the idea was that since Octane specifically considers the image to be sRGB, it ought to always put that information in the file, and viewers can choose to ignore it if they want.

I am curious as to what problems the inclusion of the profile is causing - is it that you want to use a different profile, or just that the data is superfluous, or something else? If Octane had a setting to control the embedding of a profile, would just an on/off checkbox suffice? Would you want to control this per export or just in one overall Octane setting?

Hi there,

A checkbox would suffice in this case, or even having the option to select "None" in the color space drop down when saving from Octane. We have a lot of our actions/scripts set up for an unprofiled image so we can easily add our working profile. Thank you!
evan.musin
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:21 am

face_off Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:21 am
I have updated the installers at the top of this thread with:

- Compiled with Octane 2021.1.2
- Fixed issue where Replicator Visibility changes were not being applied when rendering an animation or scrubbing the timeline
- Added support for the Modo Texture Locator "Edge" Repeat properties (ie. if both Horizontal and Vertical Repeat is Edge, then the Octane Border Mode is set to "Clamp Value"
- Fixed crash when using the octane.importLocalDb command
- Fixed the Add Material Pins To Proxy Mesh command (which was not allowing material ndoe connections in the previous versions of the plugin)
- Applied the Octane Standalone 2021.1.2 fix "Removed spaces from exported Cryptomatte EXR layers as Nuke couldn't deal with them."
- There are menu options to add the "Standard Surface Material" and "Standard Volume Medium" which are disabled in this release, and have been added in preparation for the 2022.1 release
- Fixed issue where Image Sequences where not loading the correct image in some situations

Thanks

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby spigolo » Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:13 pm

spigolo Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:13 pm
Thanks!
3dsign studio
Advanced visual communication
http://www.3dsign.it
spigolo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Gutmann » Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:22 pm

Gutmann Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:22 pm
Hey Paul,

Just installed the latest version of Octane for Modo 14.2 and have come across a problem. When saving a Multi-layer EXR with Cryptomattes enabled, the other info passes won't be saved.
When Cryptos are disabled, I get the extra info passes I am after. A simple example in my case, was to have an Ambient Occ buffer rendered along with the main Beauty buffer; and of course Cryptomattes enabled.

This problem started with the latest release of the plugin, the previous version works as expected. I've reverted back to the previous version until I can get confirmation that there is an issue.
Can you have a look into this please.

Cheers,
Toby
Gutmann
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:06 pm

face_off Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:06 pm
Gutmann wrote:Hey Paul,

Just installed the latest version of Octane for Modo 14.2 and have come across a problem. When saving a Multi-layer EXR with Cryptomattes enabled, the other info passes won't be saved.
When Cryptos are disabled, I get the extra info passes I am after. A simple example in my case, was to have an Ambient Occ buffer rendered along with the main Beauty buffer; and of course Cryptomattes enabled.

This problem started with the latest release of the plugin, the previous version works as expected. I've reverted back to the previous version until I can get confirmation that there is an issue.

Cheers,
Toby
Hi - this is a bug in the latest release of Octane, and will be fixed in the next Octane release.

Thanks

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Gutmann » Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:09 am

Gutmann Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:09 am
face_off wrote:
Gutmann wrote:Hey Paul,

Cheers,
Toby
Hi - this is a bug in the latest release of Octane, and will be fixed in the next Octane release.

Thanks

Paul

Cheers Pal, have a good one :-)
Gutmann
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:18 am

face_off Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:18 am
I have updated the installers at the top of this thread with:

- Compiled with Octane 2021.1.3
- Reworked some areas of the code to resolve a crash that was happening on Linux
- Saving of images from the Save Image and Render Animation buttons has changed if saving to discrete files. Saving discrete files is now done directly from within the Octane API and not the plugin, so saving should be faster

Thanks

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby goldnoak08 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:34 pm

goldnoak08 Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:34 pm
Thank you so much Paul! Newest Modo release on Linux seems to work stable with your new version of Octane.
goldnoak08
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby evan.musin » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:08 pm

evan.musin Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:08 pm
Thank you for the latest release, seems to be working well on Windows.

Question - Is there a way to collect or consolidate all textures being used by Octane in a Modo scene? I know there is the consolidate button in the File Menu , but that only consolidates what is in the Modo image list. With Octane's nodes having the image links within them (when not using a filename node) I was just curious if there was some sort of command that could locate and collect all textures loaded by Octane. This way an entire Modo Octane scene could be much more portable if needed. I know I could use an ORBX to package, but, if I'm not mistaken, that's pretty much un-editable correct?

Thank you!
evan.musin
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:18 pm

face_off Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:18 pm
Question - Is there a way to collect or consolidate all textures being used by Octane in a Modo scene? I know there is the consolidate button in the File Menu , but that only consolidates what is in the Modo image list. With Octane's nodes having the image links within them (when not using a filename node) I was just curious if there was some sort of command that could locate and collect all textures loaded by Octane. This way an entire Modo Octane scene could be much more portable if needed. I know I could use an ORBX to package, but, if I'm not mistaken, that's pretty much un-editable correct?
Hi. I think the easiest way to handle this is to have all images loaded as Modo Clips, and then use the Clip filename as the Octane Image filename. Then when you consolidate the Modo scene, all the image files will be relinked correctly.

Thanks

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Foundry Modo