Refreshing Octane Materials Dialog?

Forums: Refreshing Octane Materials Dialog?
Foundry Modo (Developed by stenson, Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Re: Refreshing Octane Materials Dialog?

Postby face_off » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:47 pm

face_off Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:47 pm
Pls see "Performance" at https://docs.otoy.com/Modo/?page_id=35. The solution is to use Octane Overrides on all material groups in the Shader Tree.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby diegomaricato » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:39 pm

diegomaricato Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:39 pm
Having the same issue here.

Already cleaned Material Tags in Statistics, tried setting to Daylight Environment, deleted all unused materials and textures and nothing seems to work. The scene isn´t very complex and I don´t know what else to do! =/
diegomaricato
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby wheelpros » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:08 am

wheelpros Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:08 am
I have had good success with mixing the Overrides and Modo materials. What I did notice will cause the refresh dialog is if you are mixing materials in the scene and you have "Load Cage" checked. I do all the material work and then if I need to, I will check "Load Cage" and then not change any materials.
wheelpros
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:18 am

face_off Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:18 am
Already cleaned Material Tags in Statistics, tried setting to Daylight Environment, deleted all unused materials and textures and nothing seems to work. The scene isn´t very complex and I don´t know what else to do! =/
Did you read the link I posted above? It contains the solution (add Octane Overrides to all material groups).

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby strangemax » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:41 pm

strangemax Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:41 pm
I just ran into this issue for the first time using octane plug 3.08 for modo 12.1 v1. In past updates when you create a new modo material you would need to reload the entire scene for the new material to show. Once you started editing the modo material it would only load the changes to that one material. Currently, my scenes reload all materials every time I make a change to the modo material. It also reloads every material when I make changes to octane override materials. I would rather reload the entire scene than wait for the entire material list to reload each time I make a change.
strangemax
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:19 am

face_off Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:19 am
I just ran into this issue for the first time using octane plug 3.08 for modo 12.1 v1. In past updates when you create a new modo material you would need to reload the entire scene for the new material to show. Once you started editing the modo material it would only load the changes to that one material. Currently, my scenes reload all materials every time I make a change to the modo material. It also reloads every material when I make changes to octane override materials. I would rather reload the entire scene than wait for the entire material list to reload each time I make a change.
This shouldn't happen. Can you pls send me a scene which demonstrates this problem and I will take a closer look.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Previous

Return to Foundry Modo