OctaneRender™ 2021.1 XB1

Forums: OctaneRender™ 2021.1 XB1
A forum where development builds are posted for testing by the community.
Forum rules
NOTE: The software in this forum is not %100 reliable, they are development builds and are meant for testing by experienced octane users. If you are a new octane user, we recommend to use the current stable release from the 'Commercial Product News & Releases' forum.

Re: OctaneRender™ 2021.1 XB1

Postby funk » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:59 am

funk Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:59 am
Thanks karu. I didnt even notice it was the same as none.
Win10 Pro/ Ryzen 5950X / 128GB / RTX 4090 / MODO
"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live" - Jesus Christ
funk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: OctaneRender™ 2021.1 XB1 [current 2021.1]

Postby vijay » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:06 am

vijay Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:06 am
funk wrote:
vijay_thirukonda wrote:
funk wrote:BUG: Compositor color correction ignores "enable imager/post" when disabled on render AOV

I have a render AOV plugged into a color correction. If I disabled the "enable imager" or "enable post processing" checkboxes on the render AOV, nothing changes.

These enable imager/post settings are only used from a top-level node ((i.e.) when connected directly to the AOV output group node) and ignored from any intermediate nodes in the chain. The scene you provided has color correction as a top-level node, which doesn't have those settings. Initially, these settings were intended only on composite AOV nodes, But we extended them to Image AOV output and Render AOV output nodes for debug purposes. If you want to use these settings on any other nodes then you need to connect the node to the composite AOV node and use the composite AOV as a top-level node. Sorry for the confusion and inconvenience, we will revisit this in some future build.

Thanks,
Vijay

Thanks for explaining Vijay. Sorry I completely missed this in the tooltips!

This seems to prevent you from doing anything useful with the "Post Processing" Render AOV (I may be missing something though).

eg. Using a composite AOV output, if I wanted the "main" pass on layer 1 (with no post processing glow), and the "Post Processing" Render AOV (in layer 2 using the add blend mode), I end up getting double the "glow" in my "Out1" output when "enable post processing" is enabled, and NO glow when it's disabled.

So I can't for example, color correct the post processing AOV or change its opacity etc

Is there a way around this? I guess we would really need a separate "post processing" and "imager" node in the compositor.

This is a bug and it will be fixed in the next release. XB2 is already out so the fix will be in the next following build.
vijay
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: OctaneRender™ 2021.1 XB1 [current 2021.1]

Postby funk » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:11 am

funk Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:11 am
vijay_thirukonda wrote:This is a bug and it will be fixed in the next release. XB2 is already out so the fix will be in the next following build.

OK thanks for letting us know Vijay. I wasn't sure if it was just a limitation of the way the new compositing worked
Win10 Pro/ Ryzen 5950X / 128GB / RTX 4090 / MODO
"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live" - Jesus Christ
funk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Development Build Releases