OctaneRender™ 2020.2 XB5

Forums: OctaneRender™ 2020.2 XB5
A forum where development builds are posted for testing by the community.
Forum rules
NOTE: The software in this forum is not %100 reliable, they are development builds and are meant for testing by experienced octane users. If you are a new octane user, we recommend to use the current stable release from the 'Commercial Product News & Releases' forum.

Re: OctaneRender™ 2020.2 XB5 [current 2020.2]

Postby Goldorak » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:51 pm

Goldorak Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:51 pm
Jolbertoquini wrote:Hi Guys,

Thanks for the update is great! I was wondering if for the composite node you are plaining to have a "composite color correction node" for the each layer, for example I was trying to use the depth pass as a fake fog works well but is hard to control without a color correction node and at the moment we can't add a node to do that?

Regards,
JO

It's already being worked on for the upcoming release after 2020.2 is feature locked! Lot's of compositor/AOV work in progress coming in shortly :)
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Jolbertoquini » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:42 pm

Jolbertoquini Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:42 pm
Goldorak wrote:
Jolbertoquini wrote:Hi Guys,

Thanks for the update is great! I was wondering if for the composite node you are plaining to have a "composite color correction node" for the each layer, for example I was trying to use the depth pass as a fake fog works well but is hard to control without a color correction node and at the moment we can't add a node to do that?

Regards,
JO

It's already being worked on for the upcoming release after 2020.2 is feature locked! Lot's of compositor/AOV work in progress coming in shortly :)

Great news thanks Jules to let us know :)

Best,
JO
Octane Render for Maya.
https://vimeo.com/jocg/videos
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jocgtd
http://www.hmxmedia.com/
--------------------
Join MAYA OCTANE USERS Skype discussion here :
https://join.skype.com/LXEQaqqfN15w
Jolbertoquini
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby karl » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:02 pm

karl Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:02 pm
funk wrote:
karu wrote:
funk wrote:I found a crash related to OCIO.

If you have your OCIO config set to something like blender filmic, then load a previously created orbx which was using an OCIO View set to a different config (eg ACES: srgb), Octane crashes when you try to render.

This isn't an application crash, it's a render failure that happens when you try to use an OCIO view that doesn't exist in the current config. You can resolve it by selecting a different view, or a different config, and restarting the render.

Ideally there would be a pop-up dialog to warn you about this; something like "This project references an OCIO view that's missing from the current OCIO config. Select a different OCIO config in Preferences > Color management or a different OCIO view in the camera imager node.". Octane doesn't automatically fall back to using no OCIO view in this case because users might not realise OCIO was being skipped.

Karu, it's crashing to desktop here.

1) I have my ocio config set to blender-filmic.
2) I'm loading the attached orbx where the imager was set to ACES:sRGB
3) When I click the render target, I see the blue spinning cursor which hangs for a few seconds, then Octane vanishes.

Well that's unexpected :) Thanks for the details, I will look into it.
karl
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby karl » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:33 am

karl Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:33 am
funk wrote:I found a crash related to OCIO.

If you have your OCIO config set to something like blender filmic, then load a previously created orbx which was using an OCIO View set to a different config (eg ACES: srgb), Octane crashes when you try to render.

Thanks for the report. This was one very tricky bug (which wasn't actually caused by anything related to OCIO), but it is now fixed as of the next build.
karl
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Previous

Return to Development Build Releases