OctaneRender™ 2020.1 XB1 [superseded by 2020.1 XB2]

Forums: OctaneRender™ 2020.1 XB1 [superseded by 2020.1 XB2]
A forum where development builds are posted for testing by the community.
Forum rules
NOTE: The software in this forum is not %100 reliable, they are development builds and are meant for testing by experienced octane users. If you are a new octane user, we recommend to use the current stable release from the 'Commercial Product News & Releases' forum.

Re: OctaneRender™ 2020.1 XB1

Postby mojave » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:39 pm

mojave Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:39 pm
ff7darkcloud wrote:Using RTX On. AI light seems to be broken, on interior scenes if I tick AI light, it becomes disabled, and if I untick it it becomes enabled. On the other hand on an exterior scene AI light does not seem to work at all, lights are not clearing up as fast as v4, it works fine with RTX Off though.

Thanks for testing this, would you be able to narrow it down to a repro scene and share via PM with me?
mojave
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby fantome » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:44 pm

fantome Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:44 pm
Thanks for your answer mojave.
Yes i am talking about texture based displacement on characters and props. Motion blur was not working properly with them in octane 4.0.
It looks to still have some problems in 2018. So i wanted to know if 2020 solve this issue ? because it is a huge limitation when using octane for animation.
Many assets today have some texture based displacement.

So is still not working in 2020 ?
thanks again for your feedback !
Cheers
E
fantome
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Shamefestival » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:08 am

Shamefestival Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:08 am
aoktar wrote:
Shamefestival wrote:Yeah that at the time was a very temporary fix. Ultimately solved nothing. Same issue. Yeah i'm not dependent on a wizard. I make my own magic. Just this issue hasn't changed which brings to mind why people don't mention Octane w/Animation so much. It's ok if it can't be fixed. That's why i'll try REDSHIFT instead.

Probably you have some C4D shaders(layer/noise) and crashed. Or some cuda crash at back and you didn't checked "CONSOLE" window. I've replied in your topic for help and you didn't answer it.
And it's not true that people don't use it for animations a lot, sorry!

I never did check the console and it could have been a noise shader. Was unaware that c4d noise shaders caused crashes. They worked no problem other times. In that post you were talking with another person, not me. I only injected myself because I thought I had a helpful solution.

I'm not saying people don't use it for animations alot. i'm saying for heavy productions like my project, it's probably rarely pushed that hard. General animation yes, but online there is not a lot of word of mouth about Octane being great for animation. Much more REDSHIFT talk. Obviously I wish that was not the case. Just tired of messing around all the time. Just want it to work. I know it's not easy and i'm grateful for your hard work. Just gotta try other things too and hopefully come back.
Shamefestival
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Notiusweb » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:03 am

Notiusweb Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:03 am
wallace wrote:
Notiusweb wrote:2 - some lighting scenarios and HDRI's will cause the hair to look like mirror-hair with the roughness too low. But, then if I raise the roughness the hair color then goes grey and is no longer a jet black.
Off the top of my head, I think the Hair Material could use a Specular node, that way even with the low roughness the spec could be scene adjusted to be less pronounced. See, I can easily adjust spec, and apply spec maps, with other materials shaders, just not with this special 'Hair' material. So it would help retain the jet black without turning mirror in some lighting scenarios.

For now I would like to avoid adding another texture in the hair shader at all cost, for performance reasons.

My preferred solution is to introduce varying IOR into the shader like the specular material, this would reduce the amount of specular reflection you are seeing at low roughness, and this is what I would do first.

Okay sounds awesome! am excited to try this out!
Oh, and if by some chance, you just so happen to be coding lines of code near the upsampling area of code, it would be really interesting, maybe, to see what a 1.5x upsampling mode could do... :P
Win 10 Pro 64, Xeon E5-2687W v2 (8x 3.40GHz), G.Skill 64 GB DDR3-2400, ASRock X79 Extreme 11
Mobo: 1 Titan RTX, 1 Titan Xp
External: 6 Titan X Pascal, 2 GTX Titan X
Plugs: Enterprise
Notiusweb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby divasoft » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:48 am

divasoft Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:48 am
aoktar wrote:
Shamefestival wrote:Yeah that at the time was a very temporary fix. Ultimately solved nothing. Same issue. Yeah i'm not dependent on a wizard. I make my own magic. Just this issue hasn't changed which brings to mind why people don't mention Octane w/Animation so much. It's ok if it can't be fixed. That's why i'll try REDSHIFT instead.

Probably you have some C4D shaders(layer/noise) and crashed. Or some cuda crash at back and you didn't checked "CONSOLE" window. I've replied in your topic for help and you didn't answer it.
And it's not true that people don't use it for animations a lot, sorry!

By the way, Ahmet, I repeatedly wrote to you about the problem of increasing render time frame by frame when using motion blur in c4d thread. To no avail.
divasoft
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby divasoft » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:53 am

divasoft Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:53 am
VVG wrote:You have the worst licensing system. It seems you yourself are confused and continue to confuse the regular users who are with you from the very beginning.
I asked for a support for a personal discount on the upgrade of the PERMANENT license from V4 to the PERMANENT 2020. I specifically waited for it. Not updated for 2018-2019.
Your support did not respond to any letters (there were several)
Why didn’t you meet your old customers and did not give a discount on the update on Black Friday. 499 euros is a large one-time amount for most!
WE HELPED YOU TO IMPROVE YOUR INTEGRATIONS, ACTIVELY SENT BAGGEPORTS starting from v1 - to V4 (the most terrible period of updating from V3 to V4).
And you do not need to indicate that the update from v3 to V4 was free, it would be better if it was paid and with a system license like REDSHIFT.
You just created a big headache for yourself and the rest with the current license system.
We are waiting for your discount on the update for V4 permanent licenses (499 euros)

+1
divasoft
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Agendum » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:01 am

Agendum Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:01 am
Goldorak wrote:
VVG wrote:
We are waiting for your discount on the update for V4 permanent licenses (499 euros)

Would you mind emailing me (Jules) directly so I can help sort this out for your one on one. [email protected] goes right to my inbox.

Is the discount supposed to be less than 499 euros for us perpetual V4 users?
Agendum
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby linograndiotoy » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:34 am

linograndiotoy Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:34 am
fantome wrote:Thanks for your answer mojave.
Yes i am talking about texture based displacement on characters and props. Motion blur was not working properly with them in octane 4.0.
It looks to still have some problems in 2018. So i wanted to know if 2020 solve this issue ? because it is a huge limitation when using octane for animation.
Many assets today have some texture based displacement.

So is still not working in 2020 ?
thanks again for your feedback !
Cheers
E

Texture Displacement doesn't support deformation motion blur. Vector Displacement does, and should be the best choice for deforming characters/meshes.
Texture Displacement only supports items and camera animation motion blur.
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby VVG » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:34 pm

VVG Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:34 pm
Agendum wrote:
Goldorak wrote:
VVG wrote:

Would you mind emailing me (Jules) directly so I can help sort this out for your one on one. [email protected] goes right to my inbox.

Is the discount supposed to be less than 499 euros for us perpetual V4 users?

I wrote to Jules, but there is no answer yet.
Win 10x64, AMD 1950x 16C/32T, RAM 32Gb, RTX 3060x3
Octane-for-C4D(R23.110)2021.x.x, Cycles4D, Centileo. Nvidia 472.47 STUDIO
VVG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Jolbertoquini » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:28 pm

Jolbertoquini Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:28 pm
Hi Guys,

me again hope everything is fine... I asked before and made a request aswell about Alembic cache sequences is that a way to add a support of alembic sequence? I have huge caches for particles and I would like to use only standalone to save time on load from the plug (Maya for me ) please let me know if would be possible.

Also I attached her a alembic cache of particles and I have the radius lock I don't know why doesn't work when I open on Houdini/Maya or others I get the radius lock inside Standalone.

I though in the first time is the usually bug which doesn't update the particles radius only when we click on other option on the alembic parameters.

Cheers,
JO
Attachments
GranularParticleSystem.1050.rar
Particles lock radius
(23.53 MiB) Downloaded 147 times
Octane Render for Maya.
https://vimeo.com/jocg/videos
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jocgtd
http://www.hmxmedia.com/
--------------------
Join MAYA OCTANE USERS Skype discussion here :