We've now reached the point where stable 2019.1 is in sight. Please let us know if you find any issues, and as always, thank you for testing. We are aware of some minor issues still, but wanted to make an interim release.
We still consider this an experimental build, until we leave the RC status. Please don't use this for production purposes.
- Noisy results from shadow catcher materials in some cases.
- Material preview crash on toon materials.
Please also ensure that you have a NVIDIA driver version 419.x or newer.
Changes since OctaneRender 2019.1 XB2:
- Upsampler: Fixed info passes crash when using the upsampler.
- Upsampler: Fixed incorrect render issue with the upsampler.
- Upsampler: Reverted subsampling settings back to project settings where they were before. Now Upsampling settings are separated into the Imager node.
- Upsampler: Fixed issue when saving tonemapped HDR. Please note: untonemapped HDR and info passes can not be upsampled currently.
- Fixed minor error in subdivision
- Layered materials: Fixed incorrect render result when a layered material is created using the layer pin of a base material
- Layered materials: Fixed incorrect render result for layered material with medium
- Layered materials: Fixed IOR tracking in layers
- Layered material: Split specular layer material into dielectric layer material and coating layer material, and added thin wall option to specular material.
- Layered material: Fixed inconsistency when one material is shared between multiple material layers.
- Volumetric spotlight: Fixed the appearance of a "negative spotlight" on surfaces outside the cone. If you need to change the distribution on the emission, please make sure it has a input called "angle".
- Volumetric spotlight: Fixed possible Lua error if the emitter material is replaced with a non-emitting material.
- Lua: fixed syntax highlighting for string literals using brackets with equal signs as delimiters.
- Lua: Fixed crash when a Lua script calls
- Changed default affect roughness value to 0.5.
- Fixed universal material not recognizing the medium when albedo is not black.
- Fixed upsampler and subsampling being coupled. These now operate independently.
- Fixed material preview render failure.
- UI: Decoupled subsampling and upsampling.
- UI: Fixed resizing of device manager list box. Added a few other cosmetic fixes and improve keyboard focus behaviour.
- Removed incorrect contributions from hidden render layers in light passes.
- Allow SDF inputs on all OSL node types.
- Fixes and improvements for the geometric primitive.
- Remove page locking requirement for denoiser. In some cases this will improve system stability.
- Fixed coating layer being affected by IOR map / anisotropy in universal material.
- Fixed universal material incorrectly rendering when transmission is white and diffuse is black.
- Fixed metallic material having a flipped normal.
- Fixed denoiser failing the second time it is used because of an allocation issue.
- Fixed some rounded edges artefacts when rendering at small scale.
- Fixed Cryptomatte export crash
- Fixed apparent freezing of progress bar when loading a large scene and compressing a texture at the same time.
- Fixed region lasso when using upsampling.
- Changed Vertex displacement mixer to have dynamic pins to be consistent with other nodes such as geometry group, layer group, etc.
- Fixed backface shading for microfacet BRDFs
- Fixed incorrect normals in some info passes.
- Fixed multiple SDFs in a scene having incorrect bounding boxes.
- Fixed volume rendering artefacts when viewing a volume with another volume's bounding box in the way.
- Fixed flipped normals in some scenes.
- Fixed crashes when doing material preview of any materials that use object transforms.
- Fixed OSL named matrices.
- Fixed displacement anomaly when height is set to zero.
- Fixed alpha channel missing when using AI Upsampler.
Downloads for users with an Enterprise subscription license
OctaneRender Enterprise 2019.1 RC1 (Windows installer)
OctaneRender Enterprise 2019.1 RC1 (Windows zip)
OctaneRender Enterprise 2019.1 RC1 (Mac OS)
OctaneRender Enterprise 2019.1 RC1 (Linux)
Downloads for users with a Studio subscription license
OctaneRender Studio 2019.1 RC1 (Windows installer)
OctaneRender Studio 2019.1 RC1 (Windows zip)
OctaneRender Studio 2019.1 RC1 (Mac OS)
OctaneRender Studio 2019.1 RC1 (Linux)
Downloads for users with a regular V4 license
OctaneRender 2019.1 RC1 (Windows installer)
OctaneRender 2019.1 RC1 (Windows zip)
OctaneRender 2019.1 RC1 (Mac OS)
OctaneRender 2019.1 RC1 (Linux)
Your OTOY NZ team