OctaneRender™ 4 RC 5

Forums: OctaneRender™ 4 RC 5
A forum where development builds are posted for testing by the community.
Forum rules
NOTE: The software in this forum is not %100 reliable, they are development builds and are meant for testing by experienced octane users. If you are a new octane user, we recommend to use the current stable release from the 'Commercial Product News & Releases' forum.

Re: OctaneRender™ 4 RC 5 [latest version 4]

Postby Cheiser » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:46 am

Cheiser Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:46 am
abstrax wrote:
Elvissuperstar007 wrote:I'm the admin group in VKontakte, you have people go to redshift. very buggy integration Cinema 4d Find assistants to the programmer and tester
I myself work in 3d max, everything is fine there! but before it was so bad. I need a tester and an additional assistant
people are constantly cursing Cinema4d
sorry for bad English

We are currently working with Ahmet to improve stability of the C4D integration. Please keep in mind though, that the C4D integration is probably the most complex one of them all.

These problems are already more than one year.
Obviously, more developers are needed.
While you are “working to improve stability,” you are losing customers. Personally, I also have to use another render, since octane is simply unpredictable when working with complex scenes.
Many of my colleagues, who were delighted with octane, also went to the RS, because working in octane is like throwing a bottle, waiting for it to finally stand upright.
Please hire more developers. Moreover, if integration into C4D is the most difficult. It is logical that it requires more resources in the development.

Otherwise, you will lose all of your C4D clients completely, given the pace of development of other render engines.
Cheiser
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby VVG » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:48 am

VVG Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:48 am
abstrax wrote:
Elvissuperstar007 wrote:I'm the admin group in VKontakte, you have people go to redshift. very buggy integration Cinema 4d Find assistants to the programmer and tester
I myself work in 3d max, everything is fine there! but before it was so bad. I need a tester and an additional assistant
people are constantly cursing Cinema4d
sorry for bad English

We are currently working with Ahmet to improve stability of the C4D integration. Please keep in mind though, that the C4D integration is probably the most complex one of them all.

most complex one of them all...

and only 1 (one) dev (

Do you have any internal C4D beta testers?

only Beppe (thank you) helps solve problems in C4D integration
Win 10x64, AMD 1950x 16C/32T, RAM 32Gb, RTX 3060x3
Octane-for-C4D(R23.110)2021.x.x, Cycles4D, Centileo. Nvidia 472.47 STUDIO
VVG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Cheiser » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:52 am

Cheiser Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:52 am
We play beta testers. We paid for the product to work in it, rather than suffer from constant crashes and problems. Not in order to be free beta testers, or be a beta testers for our money. We need beta testers, developers are needed.
But you can continue to keep one developer in the most complex integration and continue to lose customers.
Cheiser
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby arleksey » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:08 am

arleksey Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:08 am
I have to agree to Cheiser. There is a huge banner with "Octane 4 is here!", but this is more about standalone not about integration. I didn`t mark the day when promo image about v4 was on the site, but it seems that in half of year i still able to download 3.08 as a stable version. Yes we have some forum posts about new experimental builds and etc. But if one developer cann`t handle the demand of users, Otoy should think how to improve this situation. Octane C4D community is very huge. There is an army of instagram artists with their everyday projects.

Octane is quite fast and produce great lighting, but its unstability (due to post of people) nils all that pros.
arleksey
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby PolderAnimation » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:32 pm

PolderAnimation Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:32 pm
Lighting with the 'Toon Direction Light' is very limited you can not set the light to all the direction possible (okey you can with manually putting in a vector but that is not very intuitive) . With a 'North offset' in the 'Daylight environment' you can, maybe its nice to add that option to the 'Toon Direction Light' as well.

If we are on the topic of direction lights. I very much would like a direction light that would work by rotation a manipulator. Instead of searching for a spot on the world and then turning the world with the north offset so get the right lightig. I understand this is nice for architectural rendering, but for other work this is not very nice.
Last edited by PolderAnimation on Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Win 10 64bit | RTX 3090 | i9 7960X | 64GB
PolderAnimation
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby stmclygin » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:53 pm

stmclygin Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:53 pm
I agree with all these guys. Ahmet does a great work but he is alone.. he always trying to help when he can...BUT 1 developer - for the one of most complex integration? Are you serious? ...
I buy R20 but i cant use it with R4 and R3 (very buggy and not stable)...WTF&& I switch back to r19 and cant using new awesome feature of r20
When you buy it you expect it to work, really...
Our loyalty to Octane is building with each successfully done projects , but it crushes with only one negative.. and Im always thinking its a bug or a limitation? If I'm just dealing with everyday posts in Instagram its good,who cares, but we are all in business, we have spent tons of $ on our equipment and we are expecting it would work perfectly.
I can't tell my clients to wait..We all have tough deadlines.. Always.. Otherwise they just choose another solution..
I don't want to be a tester of octane, im designer.. But how can we know about all these bugs??.. Answer is easy - Test it by yourself. Hire more testers and developers (what's wrong in this field? why it's so difficult?).
Octane is beautiful render BUT it need your help!!

Time is the most precious thing - so please don't steel it from us

ps want to thank Beppe for all his very quick support!
Win 10x64 Pro, Xeon 2683v3 14C/28T, RAM 64Gb, EVGA GTX 1080Ti + 1080Ti FE, 7168 CudaCores, Redshift 2.6-23, Octane-for-C4D v4-rc5, DriverVersion 399.24
stmclygin
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:58 pm

aoktar Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:58 pm
Cheiser wrote:These problems are already more than one year.
Obviously, more developers are needed.
While you are “working to improve stability,” you are losing customers. Personally, I also have to use another render, since octane is simply unpredictable when working with complex scenes.
Many of my colleagues, who were delighted with octane, also went to the RS, because working in octane is like throwing a bottle, waiting for it to finally stand upright.
Please hire more developers. Moreover, if integration into C4D is the most difficult. It is logical that it requires more resources in the development.

Otherwise, you will lose all of your C4D clients completely, given the pace of development of other render engines.

I don't know if you/others are aware of the most of stability problems are not up to plugin parts. Are you?
Could you explaing what you mean with unpredicatibility?
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby aoktar » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:14 pm

aoktar Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:14 pm
stmclygin wrote:I agree with all these guys. Ahmet does a great work but he is alone.. he always trying to help when he can...BUT 1 developer - for the one of most complex integration? Are you serious? ...
I buy R20 but i cant use it with R4 and R3 (very buggy and not stable)...WTF&& I switch back to r19 and cant using new awesome feature of r20
When you buy it you expect it to work, really...

First thanks!
Btw why talk about stability issues on R20? What did you experienced?
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby funk » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:50 pm

funk Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:50 pm
abstrax wrote:
funk wrote:Now that I have vertex motion blur working, I can test what I was initially trying to test... which is vertex motion blur with displacement (someone was asking here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=68940 )

It seems vertex motion blur stops working if you connect a displacement texture

oct_mb_vert_displacement.png

If you load the orbx, go to about frame 75, there is no vertex motion blur. If you disconnect the displacement texture, you can see vertex motion blur works.

Yes, that's a limitation at the moment.

I hope you guys have plans to change the way this works. I can see this being a big problem for anyone doing character work, using displacement baked out from apps like zbrush.
Win10 Pro/ Ryzen 5950X / 128GB / RTX 4090 / MODO
"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live" - Jesus Christ
funk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abstrax » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:54 pm

abstrax Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:54 pm
funk wrote:
abstrax wrote:Yes, that's a limitation at the moment.

I hope you guys have plans to change the way this works. I can see this being a big problem for anyone doing character work, using displacement baked out from apps like zbrush.

Yes, we do, but that will require a fairly different approach which is on our roadmap.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

PreviousNext

Return to Development Build Releases