OctaneRender™ 4 RC 5

Forums: OctaneRender™ 4 RC 5
A forum where development builds are posted for testing by the community.
Forum rules
NOTE: The software in this forum is not %100 reliable, they are development builds and are meant for testing by experienced octane users. If you are a new octane user, we recommend to use the current stable release from the 'Commercial Product News & Releases' forum.

Re: OctaneRender™ 4 RC 5 [latest version 4]

Postby teeshiiddo » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:24 pm

teeshiiddo Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:24 pm
Keep getting this crash when all 6 GPUs are used for AI Denoiser. 3x internal, 3x PLX based PCIe expansion. Stable with 1 GPU for denoise.

OctaneRender 4.00 RC5 (4000015)

CUDA error 2 on device 3: out of memory
-> failed to pin memory
denoiserThread3: Denoiser thread could not able to find the pinned memory of the result buffer. Restart required
denoiserThread1: CUDA_ERROR_LAUNCH_TIMEOUT: the launch timed out and was terminated
. Restart required

log.txt
octane log
(19.06 KiB) Downloaded 219 times
Asus X99 10G WS | Windows 10.0 | 6x GTX 1080 Ti + 2x 2080Ti | i7-6850K CPU @ 3.60GHz | 32GB RAM
teeshiiddo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abstrax » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:00 pm

abstrax Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:00 pm
Elvissuperstar007 wrote:I'm the admin group in VKontakte, you have people go to redshift. very buggy integration Cinema 4d Find assistants to the programmer and tester
I myself work in 3d max, everything is fine there! but before it was so bad. I need a tester and an additional assistant
people are constantly cursing Cinema4d
sorry for bad English

We are currently working with Ahmet to improve stability of the C4D integration. Please keep in mind though, that the C4D integration is probably the most complex one of them all.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby abstrax » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:01 pm

abstrax Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:01 pm
Notiusweb wrote:My Vectron STILL is not working

Vectron.jpg

:twisted:

Vectron is a feature for version 2018, which will arrive later this year. It will not be in version 4.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby wallace » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:58 pm

wallace Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:58 pm
enricocerica wrote:The message never goes away and Octane does not crash. Not so much instances, about 20 but they were high poly meshes (190000 polys), non sense of course and it wasn't intended. But I already met this situation with lower poly meshes and it's random, reloading project and restart it may result in GPU failing and reloading it again may work.

Can you send me a scene where you have this issue? I have tried it with a high emitting polycount scene with scattering plus a bunch of geometry with emitters and I am not able to reproduce this problem.
wallace
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby funk » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:52 pm

funk Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:52 pm
Hey guys,

I was doing some tests with motion blur (related to another thread), and I can't seem to get any kind of vertex motion blur working on deformed meshes.

I exported this orbx from modo. The animation uses 3 items. In the first part, Im rotating an item and we see object motion blur working

oct_mb_obj.png

Then in the second part, Im moving the camera, while the item is still. We have working camera motion blur.

oct_mb_cam.png

At the end I have a static camera, with an animated deformed mesh, but no motion blur is rendered. I'm not sure if this is a bug in octane, or the modo export.

oct_mb_vert.png
Attachments
motion_blur_test.orbx
(7.71 MiB) Downloaded 217 times
Win10 Pro/ Ryzen 5950X / 128GB / RTX 4090 / MODO
"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live" - Jesus Christ
funk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abstrax » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:55 am

abstrax Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:55 am
funk wrote:Hey guys,

I was doing some tests with motion blur (related to another thread), and I can't seem to get any kind of vertex motion blur working on deformed meshes.

I exported this orbx from modo. The animation uses 3 items. In the first part, Im rotating an item and we see object motion blur working

oct_mb_obj.png

Then in the second part, Im moving the camera, while the item is still. We have working camera motion blur.

oct_mb_cam.png

At the end I have a static camera, with an animated deformed mesh, but no motion blur is rendered. I'm not sure if this is a bug in octane, or the modo export.

oct_mb_vert.png

Is it working in Modo? I had a look at the exported scene and the scene isn't exported correctly for vertex motion blur to work (because there are no vertex speeds provided and mesh is not marked to have a constant topology either).
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby funk » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:08 am

funk Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:08 am
abstrax wrote:Is it working in Modo? I had a look at the exported scene and the scene isn't exported correctly for vertex motion blur to work (because there are no vertex speeds provided and mesh is not marked to have a constant topology either).

No, the modo plugin never got vertex motion blur working. We always had to export out to orbx.

So the modo plugin is just exporting things incorrectly? I have sent the scene to Paul as well
"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live" - Jesus Christ
funk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby funk » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:39 am

funk Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:39 am
abstrax wrote:Is it working in Modo? I had a look at the exported scene and the scene isn't exported correctly for vertex motion blur to work (because there are no vertex speeds provided and mesh is not marked to have a constant topology either).

I just installed an older build of the modo plugin and the exported orbx has vertex motion blur working.

So it looks like a recent regression in the modo plugin. Thanks for checking and sorry for wasting your time.
funk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby funk » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:09 am

funk Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:09 am
Now that I have vertex motion blur working, I can test what I was initially trying to test... which is vertex motion blur with displacement (someone was asking here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=68940 )

It seems vertex motion blur stops working if you connect a displacement texture

oct_mb_vert_displacement.png

If you load the orbx, go to about frame 75, there is no vertex motion blur. If you disconnect the displacement texture, you can see vertex motion blur works.
Attachments
mb_displacement_006_3082.orbx
(7.72 MiB) Downloaded 205 times
funk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abstrax » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:00 am

abstrax Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:00 am
funk wrote:Now that I have vertex motion blur working, I can test what I was initially trying to test... which is vertex motion blur with displacement (someone was asking here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=68940 )

It seems vertex motion blur stops working if you connect a displacement texture

oct_mb_vert_displacement.png

If you load the orbx, go to about frame 75, there is no vertex motion blur. If you disconnect the displacement texture, you can see vertex motion blur works.

Yes, that's a limitation at the moment.
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

PreviousNext

Return to Development Build Releases