OctaneRender™ 4 RC 5

Forums: OctaneRender™ 4 RC 5
A forum where development builds are posted for testing by the community.
Forum rules
NOTE: The software in this forum is not %100 reliable, they are development builds and are meant for testing by experienced octane users. If you are a new octane user, we recommend to use the current stable release from the 'Commercial Product News & Releases' forum.

Re: OctaneRender™ 4 RC 5 [latest version 4]

Postby boeing727223 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:38 am

boeing727223 Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:38 am
abstrax wrote:
boeing727223 wrote:I apologize if this has already been posted and I missed the post. I notice that RC 5 (and RC 4) automatically changes the Opacity channel from a Greyscale image (that I originally assigned) to an Alpha image after I saved and relaunched the scene. If I load a Greyscale image in the Opacity channel, save the scene, close it and then re-launch the scene it should remain as a Greyscale image not default to an Alpha image.

I just tried it in the Standalone and there it doesn't happen. I assume you are using one of the plugins? In that case it's probably best to report to the plugin developer since the materials are usually managed outside of the Octane render core (which is due to the fact that each host application has its own totally different material system).

Hi abstrax,

I did some more testing using the Standalone. When I export an .obj figure out of DAZ studio (includes hair with Grayscale transparency maps) and import into Octane 4 RC5, RC6, or RC7 the opacity maps default to Alpha image instead of Grayscale image. I must change each opacity channel to Grayscale images and load the transparency map Grayscale image. When all opacity map channels have been corrected and saved, I get no further issues with that specific .obj. If I import a new .obj figure in the whole process starts over with the new figure. Previous versions did not have this happen. Octane recognized the Grayscale transparency maps as Grayscale images. The issue is the initial import of an .Obj into Standalone. I have only tested DAZ studio .obj exports.
boeing727223
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Zay » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:59 pm

Zay Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:59 pm
boeing727223 wrote:When I export an .obj figure out of DAZ studio (includes hair with Grayscale transparency maps) and import into Octane 4 RC5, RC6, or RC7 the opacity maps default to Alpha image instead of Grayscale image. I must change each opacity channel to Grayscale images and load the transparency map Grayscale image.

It sounds like you have "Auto alpha image" checked under Preferences/Import ?
Win 11 Pro | i5 12600K | 32GB ram | 2x GTX 1080Ti + 3080Ti - studio driver 546.01| Modo/Blender/ZBrush/Daz/Poser
Zay
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby boeing727223 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:56 pm

boeing727223 Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:56 pm
Zay wrote:
boeing727223 wrote:When I export an .obj figure out of DAZ studio (includes hair with Grayscale transparency maps) and import into Octane 4 RC5, RC6, or RC7 the opacity maps default to Alpha image instead of Grayscale image. I must change each opacity channel to Grayscale images and load the transparency map Grayscale image.

It sounds like you have "Auto alpha image" checked under Preferences/Import ?

Hi Zay,

I Auto alpha image was checked and I just unchecked it. Great catch...I don't remember ever checking that box. Is it now checked by default?
boeing727223
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Development Build Releases