Please read the release notes of v1.0 beta3.02. There is a file format change, scenes made
in this version of Octane will not be compatible with beta 3.01 or older.
Changes since beta 3.02a
- Added near clipping plane to the camera settings.
- The deep_channel_kernel doesn't display fireflies anymore.
- Fixed alpha channel when using saturation.
- The PMC kernel shows correct colors again during the first few samples.
- Fixed performance of loading a mesh on Linux.
- Eliminated short display of default material when connecting a node to a pin with an internal node.
- Eliminated occasional material preview display after loading.
- The save dialog doesn't pop up after changing only the preferences.
- Slightly longer timeout when loading a macro from liveDB.
- Removed libGLEW dependency on Linux.
Changes since beta 3.01
- The file format has been updated. Older versions of OctaneRender can't load scenes saved in this version.
- The glossy BRDF has been updated. The roughness control has a more linear behavior, and the Fresnel effect
can be controlled better.
- CUDA Framework update: There is no longer a separate Kepler build, and users don't have to install a CUDA
toolkit anymore on Mac OS and Linux.
- Color accuracy has been improved compared to previous versions.
- OBJ mesh loader creates material input pins more reliably.
- 64-bit — 32-bit
- 32-bit and 64-bit
This build requires an NVIDIA driver supporting CUDA 4.2.
For Mac OS you need a CUDA driver. We recommend using version 4.2.10 (http://www.nvidia.com/object/mac-driver-archive.html).
The display driver should be automatically updated by Mac OS.
On Linux and Windows you only need a recent enough NVIDIA driver. There appear
to be some performance issues with the latest drivers, the recommended driver version
is 301.42 (http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us).
Most recent documentation: 2.58e user manual
The OctaneRender™ Team.