Improve Nodes Switching Behavior

Forums: Improve Nodes Switching Behavior
Blender (Export script developed by yoyoz; Integrated Plugin developed by JimStar)

Improve Nodes Switching Behavior

Postby AlexeyAdamitsky » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:47 am

AlexeyAdamitsky Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:47 am
There is one feature in Blender Octane integration that bothers me a lot.

Octane switching nodes in materials seemingly random. It happens when you have two shading networks and one of the networks contains Cycles nodes. The switching can happen when you assing, re-assing materials, swtich engines or duplicate materials.

I'm fully expecting Octane to start with it's own shading network when you create new material. But it's very disruptive when you already have Cycles materials and it removes your nodes with set parameters. If it's a popular feature for other users I'd like to have an option in Octane addon settings to disable this behavior entirely. I like having both Cycles and Octane shading networks together in one material.
AlexeyAdamitsky
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Improve Nodes Switching Behavior

Postby linograndiotoy » Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:52 am

linograndiotoy Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:52 am
That happens because Cycles nodes are not available in Octane. Mixing Cycles and Octane nodes is generally not a good idea.
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby sudisk » Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:00 pm

sudisk Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:00 pm
I understand that they are not available for creation when in Octane render mode, but existing nodes shouldn't be removed, as they sometime provide an example and color references for Octane shading.
sudisk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby linograndiotoy » Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:34 am

linograndiotoy Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:34 am
sudisk wrote:I understand that they are not available for creation when in Octane render mode, but existing nodes shouldn't be removed, as they sometime provide an example and color references for Octane shading.

I agree.
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Blender