Nice opaque plastic sphere with a light inside?

Forums: Nice opaque plastic sphere with a light inside?
Blender (Export script developed by yoyoz; Integrated Plugin developed by JimStar)

Nice opaque plastic sphere with a light inside?

Postby twistedpancreas » Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:01 am

twistedpancreas Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:01 am
Hey there guys, I'm trying to get a nice render of a opaque plastic sphere with a light inside for a button that will be on a mini 3d printer. But I just can't get it right, do you know of any good setups that I should be trying? Here are my settings atm...

twistedpancreas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Nice opaque plastic sphere with a light inside?

Postby linograndiotoy » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:41 am

linograndiotoy Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:41 am
Can you please post a real example of what you need?
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: Nice opaque plastic sphere with a light inside?

Postby TStrolia » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:05 pm

TStrolia Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:05 pm
twistedpancreas wrote:Hey there guys, I'm trying to get a nice render of a opaque plastic sphere with a light inside for a button that will be on a mini 3d printer. But I just can't get it right, do you know of any good setups that I should be trying? Here are my settings atm...

In my opinion, part of the "nice" answer is going to boil down to your color transforms. Porta800CD is cool but it doesnt resolve the 32 bit linear to 8/16 bit problem of blown out colors and over-saturated light sources and highlights. Really, it is very hard to fix this in post on its own. Once ACES and filmic view transforms became standard some years ago that really fixed a LOT of that problem and helps with the "niceness." Going to the point of your material it's self, you probably need to change the universal material to diffuse. That is what gives the SSS plastic look. Technically then your transmission becomes translucency and then if you want to add a random walk volume you could.
TStrolia
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Blender