Updated Blender Manual/Learning resources?

Forums: Updated Blender Manual/Learning resources?
Blender (Export script developed by yoyoz; Integrated Plugin developed by JimStar)

Updated Blender Manual/Learning resources?

Postby loresuto » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:26 pm

loresuto Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:26 pm
Hello,
I'm new to Octane in Blender. I'm particularly trying to learn about the Octane Mediums (especially for subsurface scattering), but the information in the Octane for Blender manual seems outdated. For example, there is no mention of the RandomWalk Medium or Universal Material, and the suggestions within the manual don't seem to correspond with the current Medium nodes.

Is there a timeline for when the manual will be updated? Are there any other learning resources available that are more up to date with the current version of Octane?

Thank you
loresuto
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Updated Blender Manual/Learning resources?

Postby linograndiotoy » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:58 am

linograndiotoy Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:58 am
loresuto wrote:Hello,
I'm new to Octane in Blender. I'm particularly trying to learn about the Octane Mediums (especially for subsurface scattering), but the information in the Octane for Blender manual seems outdated. For example, there is no mention of the RandomWalk Medium or Universal Material, and the suggestions within the manual don't seem to correspond with the current Medium nodes.

Is there a timeline for when the manual will be updated? Are there any other learning resources available that are more up to date with the current version of Octane?

Thank you

An updated manual should be ready soon.
As a general advice, since all Octane plugins are based on Standalone features/nodes, please consider using any other information resource like Octane Standalone or Cinema documentation/videos. Principles are exactly the same for all Octane integrations, and Blender is not an exception.
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: Updated Blender Manual/Learning resources?

Postby loresuto » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:52 pm

loresuto Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:52 pm
Hi Lino,
Thanks for your reply. Now that I've spent a little more time getting used to Octane in Blender, I'll look into resources for Octane Render/C4d. If you have any tutorial resources you'd recommend, that would be appreciated. I actually had done a Youtube search for Octane and Random Walk which seems to be a new 2020 feature, and noticed the video was by you! It's a bit hard for me to follow as there isn't any audio.
loresuto
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Blender