Octane Studio Blender Server Issue

Forums: Octane Studio Blender Server Issue
Blender (Export script developed by yoyoz; Integrated Plugin developed by JimStar)

Octane Studio Blender Server Issue

Postby Greggers » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:45 pm

Greggers Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:45 pm
For the life of me please could someone help me.

I purchsed v4 a while ago, standalone, modo and cinema 4d.

Stopped using them and moved to blender. Started using the free tier. All has worked so far. I put a shortcut in my windows startup of the prime server so It would automatically start so no need to mess around turning it on whenever I went into blender.

Last night I was having trouble with octane and blender and today noticed a new version of the enterprise and studio out. So I decided to subscribe to studio.

I installed both the studio server and the blender studio edition. I uninstalled blender prime and the prime server.

Now when i start the server, i sign in, it activated, I start blender and when i try render in octane i get error in server render adress and in my icon tray the octane server icon closes.

Im pulling my hair out I have a deadline.

EDIT -

Lino Helped my on facebook resolve the issue. Installed both blender studio and the server into tow custom folders in my cdrive. All is good.
Last edited by Greggers on Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greggers
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Octane Studio Blender Server Issue

Postby jandress » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:30 am

jandress Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:30 am
When looking for help you should post all the information available including your hardware specs, operating system and graphics driver version and octane versions
jandress
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Greggers » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:35 am

Greggers Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:35 am
Silly me, forgot to pause and think while in a state of stress due to my deadline and being overwhelmed because things stop working.

I have an i9 cpu running a max-q 1080 on Windows 10. All latest drivers, all latest windows updates.
Greggers
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby linograndiotoy » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:12 am

linograndiotoy Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:12 am
You have mismatching versions for sure.
Installing both OctaneBlender and OctaneServer in specific folders is important, so you can be sure you're launching the right exes.
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Greggers » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:00 pm

Greggers Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:00 pm
Hi Lino, Bringing up this post again.

Due to me using C4D again and updating to the latest octane for it, I decided to use Blender studio rather than the Prime version.

Ive installed Blender Studio and Octane server for the latest version but when I open blender, set the renderer to octane I just get what you see in the attachment. Nothing Renders.

I uninstalled Prime and the Prime server and I also have the octane addon ticked. Any advice would be really appreciated.
Attachments
Screenshot_1.png
Greggers
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby linograndiotoy » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:52 pm

linograndiotoy Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:52 pm
Can you check the version number of your Studio Drivers?
Remember to never use Geforce Experience for this (uninstall it if you have it on your system).
Always install drivers manually, downloading them from the NVIDIA wensite directly.
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Greggers » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:28 pm

Greggers Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:28 pm
Ah ok that scares me.

Ive only been a windows user for over a year and ive only used the nvidia experience studio driver which is up to date. Scared of installing a driver manually. Could it mess up my system. I found a driver on the nvidia site for the 1080ti but my laptop has a 1080 max-q. Is this right?
Greggers
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Greggers » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:11 pm

Greggers Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:11 pm
Standalone and the c4d plugin work fine. Could it still be a driver issue with blender octane?
Greggers
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Greggers » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:15 pm

Greggers Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:15 pm
Nevermind. I tried following the procedure to uninstall my driver and the geforce experience and install the driver from the nvidia website. Totally messed up my system and had to reinstall a recovery of windows. Lesson learnt ... bloody windows. Anyway, im just going to stick to the free tier with Blender as it works. Paying the sub for using C4D and the latest octane doesnt bother me. Atleast having things work is top priority rather than messing around with that which im not 100% sure about.
Greggers
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Blender